The Time Has Come To Go Beyond The Walls In The Spring Update For Homefront: The Revolution
Philadelphia, PA – March 8, 2017 – Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios this week began the rollout of the Spring Update for Homefront: The Revolution. This includes a full free trial version of the game for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft. The free game trial for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system will go live on March 14th. Additionally the update includes the third and final piece of single player DLC, Beyond The Walls and a dedicated patch for PS4 Pro™ owners.
The trial version of the game, available on consoles this month, contains the entire first ‘Red Zone’, offering up to four hours of single player gameplay, and unlimited access to Resistance Mode, the online co-operative mode in Homefront: The Revolution.
For PlayStation 4 Pro owners, a specific patch went live on March 6th, as the first part of the two stage update. This patch has the noticeable addition of HDR, along with the game world now being rendered to a 1440p buffer before up-scaling it to 4k to achieve a greater level of graphical fidelity.
The final piece of DLC content for the game, Beyond The Walls, is released today and takes players to a brand new environment - the rural heartlands of Pennsylvania. It begins with the final stronghold of the Resistance, Philadelphia, about to fall to the counter-insurgency might of the KPA. With the second American Revolution seemingly crushed, a glimmer of light appears in the darkness: A NATO agent attempts to contact the Resistance with information that could lead to the end of the nightmarish regime of the KPA. This is your final chance to free America, but will the KPA find you before you get the chance?
Beyond The Walls is free to all holders of the Homefront Expansion Pass, and available to purchase separately for $12.99. It is ready to download now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC via Steam.
For more information and to get the latest updates on Homefront: The Revolution, follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @HomefrontGame or on Facebook at Facebook.com/HomefrontGame, or visit Homefront-Game.com.
ABOUT THE TRIAL
The Trial mode, available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, contains a significant portion of gameplay. This includes unlimited access to Resistance Mode, the online co-operative mode in the game, and access to all additional missions and character customization content released since launch. The trial will also contain the entire first ‘Red Zone’ from the single player campaign which offers the player up to 4 hours of gameplay.
ABOUT BEYOND THE WALLS
The second American Revolution has been crushed by the KPA occupation forces, and Philadelphia - last stronghold of the Resistance - is about to fall.
In America’s darkest hour, a glimmer of hope appears when a NATO agent makes contact from beyond the city walls with a desperate call for help. They claim to have information that could finally end the occupation - but can the Resistance reach them before the KPA close in…?
- Play as Ethan Brady, on a last-chance mission to free America from her nightmarish, totalitarian occupation
- Travel beyond the walls of Philadelphia to the rural heartlands of Pennsylvania, the cradle of Independence
- Make contact with NATO and discover their daring plan to defeat the KPA once and for all
ABOUT THE PS4 PRO PATCH
The PS4 Pro patch offers:
- The main game is rendered in 1440p, and all HUD/UI elements are rendered in 4K, providing superior image quality on 4K TVs and a crisper, super-sampled image on HD TVs
- The popular Easter Egg content is now rendered in native 4K
- Frame rate performance is further improved
- The Sony patch also adds HDR support for both PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro
ABOUT HOMEFRONT®: THE REVOLUTION
Homefront®: The Revolution is an open-world first person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement in guerrilla warfare against a superior military force.
A living, breathing, open world responds to your actions - you and your Resistance Cell can inspire a rebellion on the streets and turn Occupation into Revolution, as oppressed civilians take up the fight.
But your enemy has the advantage - superior technology, firepower, heavy armour and air support. You must learn the art of guerrilla warfare – ambush, sabotage, infiltration, deception – and fight a running battle through the war-ravaged suburbs of Philadelphia.
And the single player campaign is just the start – in Co-Op you and your friends can form your own Resistance Cell and become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution.
- Explore a living, breathing open world - experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare - this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance - recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution - from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-Op - take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
ABOUT DEEP SILVER
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, and Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company's own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe and the USA. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business, and has risen to become the number one distributor in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Kaspersky Labs, NC SOFT, Sega, Square Enix and Tecmo-Koei, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Planegg near Munich/Germany, Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux and the United States.