Short Pause Gaming Podcast #62: NX Rumors, Nintendo's Latest Direct, & What Does the Future Hold for Microsoft's Xbox?
Episode 62 of the Short Pause Gaming Podcast has arrived! Before Tom Clancy's The Division hits this week and we lose the fellas to Ubisoft's post-pandemic, militarized Manhattan, Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie get together once again to talk about the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- More Juicy NX Rumors - Another week, another round of epic NX rumors! More hardware info, a proposed deal with Activision that includes Destiny and its sequel, and talk of Beyond Good and Evil 2 being made as an NX exclusive title all made the rounds this week. Is there any credibility to any of this stuff? When is Nintendo finally going to reveal what the NX actually is?
- Nintendo's Latest Direct - While the collective gaming world is thirsty for any and everything related to the mysterious NX, Nintendo still has a current handheld and home console they need to worry about supporting for fans. The Big N's latest direct focused on games releasing this Spring/Summer for the Wii U and 3DS, and included the reveal of both a new Paper Mario for Wii U and a new Kirby game for the 3DS. Does the relative lack of software in the pipeline for the Wii U guarantee that the NX will launch this year?
- No Man's Sky Gets an Official Release Date - Hello Games' grand sci-fi experiment, No Man's Sky, finally gets a release date! It's launching June 21st on both the PS4 and PC. Can this game possibly live up to its lofty claims?
- Phil Spencer Talks the Future of Xbox - Microsoft held their Spring Showcase recently, and their commitment to Windows 10 as a platform has never been more clear. Xbox boss Phil Spencer had a lot to say on the subject of Xbox's present and future this past week, and his comments have left many gamers wondering where Xbox goes from here. Is Microsoft slowly moving away from the console space, and in what way can Microsoft bring the "continuous innovation" of PC and mobile to a console system?
- EA Talks Release Schedule - EA CFO Blake Jorgensen broke down the company's release schedule for the rest of this fiscal year ending March 2017, and Mass Effect: Andromeda is now a Q4 title. With Mirror's Edge due in the summer, and Jorgensen letting slip that both the new Battlefield and Titanfall 2 are due this holiday season, is EA poised to have one of their biggest years ever? Also, how epic is EA's E3 event and press conference going to be with all of these big games to show?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
Also available to download from iTunes. Subscribe here!
Intro and closing music provided by @REUELETHAN