Short Pause Gaming Podcast #97: The Last Guardian Impressions, Switch Leaks Doing Nintendo's Job, & Gamers Helping Gamers!
In this penultimate 2016 episode of the Short Pause Gaming Podcast, Brent, Ben and Bender get together one more time to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- The Last Guardian Impressions - Our resident Team Ico aficionado has spent a few hours with the developer's ten-years-in-the-making-opus, and he likes what he's played so far. Do technical issues bog down this unique and beautiful experience?
- Nintendo Switch Leaks Continue - Another week, another fresh batch of rumors to discuss ahead of January's full-fledged reveal of Nintendo's new console. According to reports this week, the Switch will benefit from an increased level of performance when plugged into the dock connected to the television, the Gamecube Virtual Console might finally become a reality on the new hardware, and a version of Dark Souls could potentially be in the works for the platform. With everything we've learned about the Switch at this point, does Nintendo even need to hold a reveal conference on January 12th anymore?
- Bungie's Team is Expanding - The House of Destiny got that much bigger this week, as prolific developer Vicarious Visions has committed to helping the studio work on its next iteration of Destiny. Former Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has also joined the developer to work on an undisclosed project, which could or could not be Destiny 2. With a workforce that, potentially, is upwards of 1000 people, could all of these developers really be working on Destiny 2? What does a staff of this size mean for the future of Bungie's premier first-person shooter?
- PS4 Passes 50 Million Sold - Sony's latest home console passed another big milestone this past week as the system has now moved over 50 million units, a milestone which places it above the Super Nintendo in terms of lifetime sales. With a November NPD win and renewed momentum for the platform behind the launch of the PS4 Pro, is the sky the limit for the PlayStation 4?
- Gamers Helping Gamers - Find out how an obsession with trophies and a ragtag group of gamers from around the world made the fellas realize how much they love one of gaming's best aspects.
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com