Short Pause Gaming Podcast #70: NX and Zelda in 2017, The Next Call of Duty Leaks, & Is Microsoft Planning to Reveal a New Console at E3?
Another busy week means another busy podcast! Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie are back once again to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming on Episode 70 of the Short Pause Gaming Podcast. Topics this week include:
- The NX is Due to Release March 2017 - A seemingly innocuous Nintendo investor's meeting mid-way through last week ended up being chock full of important Nintendo news! First and foremost, Ninty's mysterious NX console is due to see the light of day in March of 2017. Is this the first time in the history of gaming that a new console has secured a release window before said console is even revealed?
- The Legend of Zelda Wii U is Delayed Until 2017 - Another year, another Zelda delay. Link's next adventure is now a 2017 title, and it's coming to both the Wii U and the NX. Is The Legend of Zelda Wii U really the only title Nintendo is bringing to E3 2016?
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is the Name of This Year's Call of Duty Title - One leak after another leaves little doubt that this year's COD is a sci-fi space shooter by the name of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. With a remastered version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare set to release alongside of it, is Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare developer Infinity Ward's long-awaited return to form?
- Battlefield 5 is Going to be Revealed This Week - With the next Call of Duty set to be revealed this week, it's no surprise that the next Battlefield is not far behind. Is Battlefield 5 set to take place during World War II?
- More Rumblings Surrounding the Next Xbox - The next Xbox continues to be a heavily rumored piece of hardware, and well-known tech blog Thurrott says we'll see the new console at this year's E3. Is this simply a redesigned Xbox One Slim, or is this something more along the lines of the rumored PS4 NEO?
- Is Sucker Punch Developing a New First Party Spider-Man Game? A new Sucker Punch job listing is looking for a Senior Graphics Programmer for a "spectacular" new "open world" project. Said programmer must also have a "strong understanding of the history of costume design." Coupled with the recent posting by an industry stunt man referring to a new Spider-Man game project for Sony, is it that much of a stretch that Sucker Punch could be working on a new first party Spider-Man game for the PS4? Is the wording of this job post hinting at this?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
Also available to download from iTunes. Subscribe here!
Intro and closing music provided by @REUELETHAN