Short Pause Gaming Podcast #165: New Spider-Man Info, Crackdown's Fate, & No Man's Sky Worth Another Look?
It's a three-man show this week as Brent, Ben, and Frankie are back to once again talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- No Man's Sky's "NEXT" Update - No Man's Sky gets a huge, game-changing update this week that brings full-on multiplayer, the option to switch the action to a third-person perspective, and the ability to command an armada of freighters among other things. Is this polarizing game worth another look?
- New Spider-Man Details - Spider-Man on the PS4 continues to look amazing as this weekend at Comic-Con gave us another glimpse of the game in action via a new short and sweet story trailer that saw the introduction of Silver Sable to the proceedings. Insomniac and Sony also unveiled the long-rumored Spider-Man PS4 Pro Bundle, and it looks pretty snazzy. Now that the included rogues gallery is starting to fill out, who else might we see make an appearance here?
- Microsoft Unwilling to Delay Crackdown 3 Further - In a report out of Eurogamer this past week, anonymous sources from Microsoft claimed that the publisher is unwilling to delay the game any further. Is this a good idea? Should we be even more worried about Crackdown 3 than we already are?
- Black Ops 4 Beta Details - The Black Ops 4 Beta begins August 3rd on PS4, giving gamers their first taste of this bold new multiplayer-only direction for the franchise. We also got some new information on the game's included Zombies content which has us even more excited to get our hands on this come October. Also, did anybody notice that little blurb about the Blackout private beta in September?!
- Guerrilla Hopes to Make Games Twice as Fast - First-party juggernaut Guerrilla Games is looking to release games much faster in the future, preferring a two to three year development cycle instead of Horizon: Zero Dawn's six and a half year gestation period. Is expanding their studio to 400 employees enough to make this a reality with the next-generation fast approaching? Will they be able to split into two teams to accomplish this?
- Darksiders III Releases in November - THQ Nordic and Gunfire Games' long-awaited Darksiders sequel finally has a release date, along with a couple of wallet-busting collector's editions to sweeten the deal. With the game's release date revealed outside of E3 and the actual date in question falling after Black Friday, is THQ Nordic just hanging Darksiders III out to dry? Is this game in danger of being buried this holiday season?
- Nintendo's Indie Plans - Nintendo hopes to release 20-30 independent titles per week to the eShop in the near future. Is this plan a benefit to anyone, gamers and developers alike?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, Twitch, Facebook, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com