Short Pause Gaming Podcast #164: Next-Gen Call of Duty, New Anthem Details, & Is Gaming Ready for Google's Yeti?
We're back! After a week off to attend Frankie's wedding festivities (congratulations, Frankie!), Brent and Ben return to run a two-man show this week as they once again team up to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Google Looking to Make a Splash in the Gaming Space - A report out of Kotaku suggests that tech giant Google is looking to make a serious entry in the video game space, possibly releasing a brand new streaming console that looks to go toe-to-toe with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. Is the world ready for a console built primarily around streaming? Do we even have the infrastructure to support such a venture?
- Next-Gen Call of Duty - A curious job listing from Infinity Ward suggests the Call of Duty studio is hiring for a next-gen Call of Duty project. With Infinity Ward next up on the docket to develop Call of Duty's 2019 entry after this year's Black Ops IIII from Treyarch, might the next-generation start sooner than anticipated?
- New Anthem Details - A week long AMAAAA (Ask Me Almost Anything About Anthem), as well as a new gameplay trailer of the game's E3 level (complete with developer commentary), has shed some considerable light on Anthem and some of the burning questions the gaming community at large has been asking about. With a clearer picture than ever of just what Anthem is all about, is this a game we need to be even more excited about?
- Todd Howard Talks Cross-Play - Bethesda's Todd Howard has stoked the cross-play flames once again, stating that he'd like to see cross-play in Fallout 76 but Sony is "not as helpful as everyone would like." Just how big of a deal is cross-play to the majority of the gaming community? With increasing support for the feature from the development community and gamers as a whole, will Sony need to change their tune on cross-play sooner rather than later?
- Shenmue 1 & 2 Remastered Releases in August - August 21 sees the long awaited release of the remastered versions of Shenmue 1 & 2 for current-gen systems. Will these classic titles hold up to the test of time? Also, with the PC specs and requirements released for Shenmue III, is this game closer to release than we think?
- Telltale Gets a New Engine - After years of bizarre bugs and rampant game crashes, it appears that Telltale is finally moving on from their flawed original game engine, instead embracing the widely used Unity engine. Will this move allow the developer to move forward with its development ambitions and create a finished product that is more polished than what we're used to seeing from the prolific adventure game company?
- Hollow Knight Sells Big - After a million copies sold on PC, and 250,000 on Switch, Hollow Knight is a certified hit. The only question now is, when is this game coming to Xbox One and PS4?!
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, Twitch, Facebook, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com
Also Available On: Twitch, Mixer, and Facebook
Also Available On: iTunes, TuneIn, and Stitcher