Short Pause Gaming Podcast #163: More Trouble for Crackdown, New Fallout 76 Details, & Spider-Man CE Spoilers?
As the dust from this year's E3 settles and the gaming industry returns back to normal, the news cycle is back in full swing! Join Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie as they once again get together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Crackdown 3 Loses Series Creator and Co-Developer - More trouble in the Crackdown 3 waters: Series creator, Dave Jones, and co-developer, Reagent Games, have left the project. This is just the latest in a long-line of development setbacks for the troubled action title. At this point, will the game even have a multiplayer component when it releases next February?
- New Fallout 76 Details - Bethesda has been talking a lot about Fallout 76 in the wake of E3, and we're starting to get a clearer picture of everything this game is going to encompass. Will Fallout 76 have what it takes to bring a structured Fallout RPG experience to a persistent online world populated by dozens of people at a time?
- Skull and Bones Info - Impressions of Ubisoft's upcoming pirate epic, Skull and Bones, have been hitting the internet this past week and, as we get more and more information about the game, it continues to sound like an interesting mix of PvP, PvE, and open-water exploration. Could Skull and Bones actually play like a pirate-themed version of Destiny?
- Spider-Man CE Spoilers - In the week's strangest story, apparently the statue (or is it an action figure?) included in the Spider-Man Collector's Edition for PS4 is a potentially big-time spoiler regarding some element of the game's story, in so much that, purchasers are being advised not to open it until they've reached the latter part of the game. What could be so spoilery that the developer doesn't want you to see it until after you've played the game?
- May's NPD Results - May has come and gone, and while PS4 has once again topped the hardware charts, State of Decay 2 makes a somewhat surprising appearance at the top of the software charts. What factors led to State of Decay 2's victory last month?
- Game Completion Stats - An interesting article posted this past week discussed the fact that over 50% of the people who've played the new God of War on PS4 have completed it, a statistic that is generally higher when compared to its contemporaries. Is this stat directly tied to a game's quality?
- Death Stranding Hints - A YouTube description accompanying the E3 trailer for Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding reveals a few tantalizing hints about the game that we didn't know previously. Just what is Death Stranding going to be all about?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com