Short Pause Gaming Podcast #162: The Biggest Questions of E3 2018 & Our Favorite Games of the Show
E3 2018 is in the books and we've got a lot to discuss! Join Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie as they once again get together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming and breakdown everything this year's version of E3 had to offer. Topics this week include:
- What's the Deal With All of the Next-Gen Talk? - From the next Xbox, to the PS5, to the future of game streaming, there were lots of whispers about the next-generation of gaming coming out of this year's E3. Is 2020 a safe bet for the beginning of the next generation?
- Is There Room for Three Loot-Based Shooters? - By the time March 15 rolls around next year, we'll have access to Destiny 2: Forsaken, Anthem, and The Division 2, three loot-based RPG-shooters all vying for the same piece of the "Games as a Service" pie. Is there room for all three of these time-consuming RPGs to thrive in this current market?
- What Exactly is Halo Infinite? - One of the strangest reveals at this year's E3 was the mysterious tech demo/engine reveal for the next Halo game, a reveal that left all of us with a lot more questions than answers. Is Halo Infinite going to be a completely different kind of Halo experience? Could Microsoft actually break up the single-player and multiplayer portions of the game and release them as two separate experiences?
- What Do We Know About Cyberpunk 2077? - Microsoft closed its E3 press conference this year by officially revealing Cyberpunk 2077 to the world for the first time. While this was a cool reveal trailer, it was the behind closed doors demo -- one that showed actual gameplay -- that had everyone talking about Cyberpunk's blend of The Witcher 3, Grand Theft Auto V, and Deux Ex in a sprawling futuristic RPG world. Is this game still targeting this generation?
- What's Going On With Fortnite and Cross-Play on the PS4? - With the release of Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch during this year's E3, gamers quickly realized that those playing the game on PS4 were unable to transfer their Epic account over to the Switch due to Sony's stance on cross-play with the PS4. While Sony's been bullish on not allowing cross-play between the PS4 and its rival consoles, with enough outcry, is this something they'll soften their stance on?
- Where Were All the Missing Games at This Year's E3? - Rocksteady's next game, Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi, the return of Splinter Cell, Square Enix's Avengers Project, and Final Fantasy VIII Remake were all conspicuous by their absence at this year's E3. Will we see any of these games anytime soon?
- Our Favorite Games of E3 2018 - What were the ten games that caught our attention the most during this year's E3? Find out as the fellas construct their lists of the most exciting things they saw coming out of this year's show.
- E3 Prediction Results - The conferences have come and gone, the dust has settled, and Judge Bender has spoken. After a rough round of predictions, who came out on top?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com