Short Pause Gaming Podcast #156: Spider-Man in September, PS5 Rumors, & Sam Fisher is Back...Sort Of
We're back! After an Easter holiday hiatus, Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie once again get together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Insomniac's Spider-Man Releases This Fall - One of the most eagerly anticipated games of the year (of the decade?) finally has a release date. Insomniac's Spider-Man will hit the PS4 on September 7th. Is this destined to be the greatest super hero game of all-time?
- PS5 Rumors - Some initial specs for the PS5 are rumored to have been leaked this past week, and if this information holds up, it sounds like Sony's next machine will be the next logical leap in power over the current PS4 Pro. While we have no idea whether or not these specs are legit, the real story lies in when we can expect the PS5 to release. Could the PS5 really hit store shelves before the end of 2018?
- Spyro Returns - Everyone's favorite purple, fire-breathing dragon is making a return in the long-rumored Spyro Reignited Trilogy, a full-on remaster of the original Spyro trilogy that first appeared on the PS1. Will this game fare as well as the recent Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy?
- Sam Fisher Returns - Ubisoft has teased the return of Sam Fisher in an upcoming update for Ghost Recon: Wildlands. While we don't know the capacity in which Sam will appear in this game, does this open the door for the long-awaited return of the Splinter Cell series?
- Far Cry 5 Sells Big - Far Cry 5 is the fastest selling entry in franchise history, and the second only to The Division when compared to Ubisoft's other highest selling game debuts. Will Ubisoft support Far Cry 5 for years to come like many of their other titles?
- Boss Key Productions Moving On From LawBreakers - In a move that will not be a surprise to those paying attention, Boss Key Productions has announced they are transitioning LawBreakers to a free-to-play title and moving on to a new project at the studio. Where did this promising, high-octane first-person shooter go wrong?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com