Short Pause Gaming Podcast #148: Red Dead Rules the Fall, Microsoft Making Moves, & Is Destiny Back on Track?
The dynamic duo ride again! It's a two-man show this week as Brent and Ben once again get together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Shadow of the Colossus Remastered Releases Tuesday - Bluepoint's stunning remake of Team Ico's legendary classic finally arrives this Tuesday, and it looks absolutely incredible. Could this be the best remaster of all-time? And could this possibly be one of the best looking consoles titles we've ever seen?
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Releases October 26 - Rockstar's eagerly anticipated western is now set to release this fall, meaning anyone planning to release their game in or around October 26 better get out of Dodge. Does it even matter when Red Dead Redemption 2 releases? Is this game destined to sell gangbusters no matter what titles release around it?
- Bungie Lays Out Destiny's Season 2 Road Map - Bungie spilled the beans on its plans for Destiny 2 for the next few months, and fans are in for a wealth of changes designed to tackle some of the game's loudest criticisms. With everything Bungie has put in place recently, and with everything they've got planned for the future, is Destiny 2 back on the right track?
- Rumor: Microsoft Exploring Big-Time Acquisition - According to Polygon, Microsoft has explored acquisition options with big time publishers EA, Valve, and PUBG Corp, with one analyst going so far as to declare they think news of an acquisition of some sort is imminent. Would Microsoft really buy one of these gargantuan companies? What would a Microsoft owned version of EA, Valve, or PUBG Corp look like?
- Sea of Thieves Datamine Reveals New Info - Dedicated dataminers have parsed the recent Sea of Thieves beta and discovered quite a bit of interesting info regarding the game, including new maps, ship customization options, and even the presence of the Kraken. Is this datamine to be believed, and is this the kind of stuff fans want to see to flesh out this game?
- EA Earnings Call - EA's earnings call this past week contained some juicy news nuggets regarding the company, including the official delay of Anthem to 2019 and the confirmation that a new Battlefield is coming this year. Will Battlefield stay grounded in the wars of the past, or will this new game take an entirely new direction with the franchise?
- The Switch has Outsold the Wii U - In less than a year, Nintendo's new handheld/console hybrid has surpassed the lowly Wii U, marking one of the biggest about-faces in the history of gaming. Will the Switch keep up the momentum throughout 2018?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com