Short Pause Gaming Podcast #130: Destiny 2 Impressions, New Details Surrounding The Avengers Project, & PUBG Can't Be Stopped
Destiny 2 is here! While the fellas are knee-deep in Bungie's latest shared-world shooter, they managed to pull themselves away for a few hours to record this week's latest episode. It's all in the name of quality podcasting! With Frankie out this week, join Brent, Ben, and Bender as they talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics include:
- Destiny 2 First Impressions - Destiny 2 has arrived, and the crew has been playing the game non-stop since launch. Find out what the guys like, what they love, what they're concerned about, and everything in-between when it comes to Bungie's latest. Is this game everything they were hoping it would be?
- L.A. Noire is Getting a Remaster - Rockstar's polarizing detective-sim is getting a new lease on life, as the legendary developer announced this past week that the game would be getting a current-gen remaster for PS4, Xbox One, and, surprisingly, the Nintendo Switch. A VR version of the game is also inbound for the HTC Vive headset. How will this title hold up to the test of time with 2017's gaming crowd?
- New Details Surround Crystal Dynamics' Avengers Game - Job postings have surfaced surfaced regarding Crystal Dynamics' mysterious Avengers project for Square Enix. If the listings are to be believed, we can expect some type of a third-person action game with a heavy emphasis on online and social features. Is there any way this could be a third-person action version of Destiny with Marvel characters? Could this be an MMO?
- Pinball FX3 Launches September 26th - Zen Studios' eagerly anticipated pinball follow-up now has a release date, and fans are giddy with excitement to hop in and test out all of the game's new features and graphical enhancements. With most of your old pinball tables transferring over for free from the series' previous entry, is there going to be a better value in gaming available come the end of September?
- 90% of Gearbox is Probably Working on Borderlands 3 - At PAX West this past weekend, Gearbox head-honcho Randy Pitchford let it be known that the studio is "working on the thing I think most of you guys want us to be working on." The question now is, with so much of the developer presumably focused on Borderlands 3, when will the title be ready for prime time?
- Call of Duty Stuck to the Future Too Long - Activision's CEO, Eric Hirshberg, admitted this past week that the publisher spent one too many years focused on their cash cow's future setting, noting that historical settings are "rich territory" to mine. Will Call of Duty be set during past wars for the foreseeable future?
- PUBG Can't Be Stopped - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has now eclipsed 10 million sold, making it undoubtedly one of the greatest PC Early Access success stories of all-time. How will the console audience take to the game once it hits Xbox One later this year?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com