Short Pause Gaming Podcast #129: Destiny 2's Leviathan Raid, Call of Duty: WWII Beta Impressions, & Our Interview With Borealys Games' Patric Mondou
We're just over a week away from the launch of Destiny 2, and the excitement around the Short Pause offices is palpable. The show must go on, though, so the fellas reign in their excitement in order to crank out another fantastic episode of the Short Pause Gaming Podcast! This week, the whole gang's here to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics include:
- Mages of Mystralia Impressions - Bender played through Borealys Games' spell-crafting mage-sim, Mages of Mystralia, and he can't stop talking about it. Find out why Mages of Mystralia is one of the best games of the year, and why it's one of the only titles to ever get a perfect score when reviewed on our website.
- Call of Duty: WWII Beta Impressions - The Call of Duty: WWII Private Beta was live on PS4 this past weekend, so Brent hopped in to explore the franchise's return to the World War II setting and boots on the ground gameplay. Is the new multi-objective "War" game mode set to be a game changer for competitive multiplayer?
- Exploring the EDZ in Destiny 2 - The press has gotten their hands on Destiny 2 once again, this time showing us some of the open world exploration elements the game is going to offer courtesy of the title's first explorable area, the European Dead Zone, and it looks fantastic. Is this everything fans were hoping for from the game's open environments?
- Destiny 2's Leviathan Raid - Destiny 2's admittedly weak trophy/achievement list leaked this past week, and while the list is nothing to write home about, there is a very interesting achievement tied to the game's "Leviathan Raid," which is the first time we've heard actual mention of the game's big-time endgame activity. Diving into some of the lore surrounding Leviathan in the Destiny universe, is it possible this Raid focuses on the Hive and has nothing to do with the Cabal or Dominus Ghaul?
- Xbox @ Gamescom - Microsoft had a strong presence at Gamescom last week, putting on a sort of "mini-presser" and unveiling new information about the company's expanded partnership with Bluehole and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, upcoming releases like Sea of Thieves and ReCore: Definitive Edition, and pre-order information for the Xbox One X and its "Project Scorpio" variant. With strong pre-orders out of the gate and a ton of buzz surrounding the system's immense power, is the Xbox One X set to be a game changer for Microsoft and the industry?
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 is Announced - In a surprise announcement, Sega has unveiled that they are working on Yakuza Kiwami 2, and "from the ground up" remake of the PS2's Yakuza 2 using the Yakuza 6 engine, for release in Japan later this year. At the same time, they also announced the development of a new Fist of the North Star game from the Yakuza team. Might we see a "coming west" announcement for these titles at this year's PlayStation Experience?
- We Interview Patric Mondou From Borealys Games - Patric Mondou, creative director for Borealys Games and Mages of Mystralia, was gracious enough to give us a few minutes of his time during Mages of Mystralia's console launch week. Join us as we talk to Patric about the development of Mages of Mystralia and the future of the studio.
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com