Short Pause Gaming Podcast #128: Crackdown 3's Troubling Delay, July's NPD Results, & Will We Happy Few Live Up to its Potential?
With Brent out playing Daddy Day Care this week, that leaves Ben, Bender, and Frankie to once again get together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of video games. Topics this week include:
- Crackdown 3 Delayed - Microsoft's high-profile open-world destruction-sim, Crackdown 3, has suffered yet another delay into Spring 2018. The game is said to need more development time, after which it will launch as a complete package with campaign, co-op, and multiplayer all together. How alarmed should fans be with this latest delay? Is there really a chance Microsoft could eventually cancel the game as a whole?
- Mass Effect: Anrdomeda is Officially Done - EA and Bioware announced this past week that there are no more updates planned for Mass Effect: Andromeda. There will be no story DLC as we've heard previously. There will still be support for the game's cooperative multiplayer, details of which will be further unveiled in the near future. Is this the end of the franchise, at least for the foreseeable future?
- We Happy Few Gets a Release Date - In a bit of a surprising -- if not somewhat confusing -- move, Compulsion Games announced this past week that We Happy Few is set for release in April of 2018 on the Xbox One, PC, and now PS4, it will be published by Gearbox, and that the game will remain in Early Access until its April release date. Narrative segments will not be a part of the Early Access build, either. With the game's expanded scope, could this title actually live up to its potential?
- Pinball FX3 Roster Confirmed - Zen Studios has confirmed that most of Zen Pinball 2/Pinball FX2's 65+ tables will be making the jump over to Pinball FX3 later this year. They've also confirmed cross-platform play will be in effect for PS4 and Steam, and for Xbox One, Windows 10, and Steam. With so many tables transitioning to Pinball FX3, is the best case scenario fans of the series could have hoped for?
- Yakuza 6 Gets a Release Date - Yakuza 6 is the latest title to stake its claim in the first half of 2018, as the PS4-exclusive now has a release date of March 20, 2018. How much better does this game look as a result of it being developed from the ground up for the PS4?
- July's NPD Results - Splatoon 2 and Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy come out on top of the software charts for July, while the Switch takes the top hardware slot with the PS4 just behind it. How long can Nintendo keep up its momentum with the Switch?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com