Short Pause Gaming Podcast #118 - E3 Preview Show: News, Annual Predictions, & Our Interview With David Jaffe
We're less than a week away (!) from E3, and we've got a jam-packed show in store for you! This year's version of our annual pre-E3 podcast includes all of the latest industry news, our E3 2017 predictions, and an awesome interview with the inimitable David Jaffe! Kick back, relax, and enjoy the proceedings! Topics this week include:
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War has Been Delayed - WB Games' big-time sequel set in the world of Lord of the Rings has been delayed out of August into October. What does this mean for the game's sales prospects? Is this a better or worse time for the game to release?
- Nintendo Reveals the First Details Concerning Its Switch Online Service - Nintendo announced this past week that the official release of its Nintendo Switch Online service has been delayed until 2018. Alongside this, they revealed the beta version of the service's app is still coming this summer, the service will cost $19.99 per year, and it will offer a growing assortment of classic Nintendo games for subscribers to play. What does this new "Classic Game Selection" (as it's been dubbed) mean for the future of the Virtual Console?
- FarCry 5 is Officially Revealed - Hot on the heels of a number of industry rumors and speculation, Ubisoft finally pulled the curtain back on the next entry in the FarCry series. Set in rural Montana and centered around a fanatical religious cult, this is the first entry in the franchise to take place on U.S. soil. Is the controversy surrounding the reveal of this game a good thing? Will Ubisoft be able to deliver a compelling, impactful, and intelligent narrative when all is said and done?
- Red Dead Redemption 2 has Been Delayed - Rockstar's sequel to Red Dead Redemption has also been delayed. The game will now land in Spring of 2018. With FarCry 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 already scheduled for early next year, is Q1 2018 destined to be as excellent as Q1 2017 was this year?
- Square Enix Comments on Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake - Square Enix recently caused a stir when they said that gamers can expect Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake "in the next three years or so." Could both of these eagerly anticipated games really be three years away from release? Also, what does the move to bring Final Fantasy VII Remake in-house for development mean for the title moving forward?
- Our Annual E3 Predictions - E3 2017 is right around the corner, and that means it's time for the fellas to unveil what they think this year's version of the show will reveal! From Project Scorpio's price to the Switch's Virtual Console and everything in-between, this year's predictions are their boldest yet! Do you agree with their prognostications?
- An Interview With David Jaffe - We sat down with the Creative Director behind Twisted Metal and God of War, and the head of The Bartlett Jones Supernatural Detective Agency, to talk Drawn to Death, E3's past, present, and future, and a variety of other topics! ***This interview contains explicit language. Listener discretion is advised.***
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com