Short Pause Gaming Podcast #115: Darksiders III Is Real, Breath of the Wild Expands, & What Does the Success of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Mean for Nintendo?
It's all about the Benjamins this week! With Brent and Frankie sidelined, it's up to Ben and Bender to carry the podcast torch as they talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Talking Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - The fellas have been playing a lot of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe recently, and the series is as good as its ever been. However, they've got some questions. With so much going on under the hood of Nintendo's latest racer, why doesn't Mario Kart 8 Deluxe explain, or even allude to, any of its more advanced mechanics in-game? Do gamers like having to discover these "hidden" mechanics on their own?
- Darksiders III is Coming in 2018 - In a surprise reveal, Gunfire Games has announced they're hard at work on Darksiders III for 2018. With many of the original Darksiders creators now working at Gunfire Games, is this set to be the sequel fans have been eagerly waiting for? Is Fury shaping up to be a worthy new protagonist for the series?
- Assassin's Creed: Origins Rumors - A Reddit leak this past week has suggested that the next game in the Assassin's Creed franchise will be known as Assassin's Creed: Origins, and will be set primarily in and around ancient Egypt (as we've been hearing for a long time now). The source of this rumor claims to be a worker for a printing facility that manufactures pre-order cards for retailers, so it's a pretty safe bet this information is solid. Also, what's up with Far Cry 5, one of Ubisoft's other big-time properties? Is this coming in the near future as well?
- Code Vein Continues the Souls Tradition - Bandai Namco's Code Vein looks like a post-apocalyptic anime vampire take on the Dark Souls formula in its first official reveal trailer, and genre fans should be excited about this one. Is this going be a worthy successor to Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nioh, and some of the other great "Souls-like" games that have come out recently?
- Remedy's Next Game is Officially Multi-Platform - Remedy officially lifted the lid on their publishing deal with 505 Games this past week, meaning their next title -- currently codenamed P7 -- will officially be heading to PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Is this move to multi-platform development a direct response to Quantum Break's underperformance?
- Breath of the Wild's First Expansion Detailed - We now know the contents of Breath of the Wild's first DLC expansion pack -- due out this summer -- and fans of the game are in for a treat. The "Trial of the Sword" challenge, Hero's Path Mode, Hard Mode, Travel Medallion, and Korok Mask all sound like great additions to the title. With more content planned for later this year, is Breath of the Wild's Expansion Pass worth the price of admission? Is Nintendo utilizing the right release strategy when it comes to Breath of the Wild's additional content?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III 'Zombie Chronicles' DLC is Real - Treyarch has confirmed that 'Zombie Chronicles,' a Black Ops III add-on that remasters 8 classic "Zombies" maps from throughout the Black Ops franchise, is set to hit PS4 on May 16th. Is this a Call of Duty "Zombies" fan's dream come true?
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com