Short Pause Gaming Podcast #110: Destiny 2 Confirmed, What We Want From Battlefront 2, & Is A Scorpio Reveal Imminent?
Brent is unexpectedly out sick this week, but the show must go on! Ben, Bender, and Frankie are high off of the Destiny 2 reveal trailer and up to the task as the fellas get together once again to discuss the latest and greatest in the world of video games. Topics this week include:
- Destiny 2 Revealed - Fresh off of last week's promotional material leak, Bungie has officially confirmed the highly anticipated sequel to their shared world shooter with a trailer for Destiny 2. The game is officially launching on September 8th, and is also coming to PC for the first time in the franchise. Is the tone displayed in the trailer what we want to see out of the Destiny sequel?
- Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Launches in April - The first episode of Telltale Games' Guardians of the Galaxy series arrives on April 18th. The game's debut trailer hints at a series that will maintain the series trademark humor and character interaction, and Marvel's ultimate baddie, Thanos, is set to star as the villain. Can Telltale maintain a timely release schedule for this project?
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 to Debut at Star Wars Celebration Later This Month - EA announced this past week that our first look at the eagerly anticipated Star Wars Battlefront 2 is set for later this month during Star Wars Celebration. Will we get our first look at gameplay footage? And what do we want to see from the game's single-player campaign?
- Release Date Leaks? - A pair of European retailers each posted unconfirmed release dates this past week for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Days Gone, pegging them to launch in October and August respectively. Is there any credibility to either of these dates? Why would an unknown European retailer have the release date for one of the biggest games of the year?
- Ken Levine Talks His Studio's New Game - Ken Levine made some interesting comments recently, claiming his new game in development at his new studio (Ghost Story) is attempting to implement a more ambitious, narrative-focused version of Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis System. Is Ken onto something here, or is he going to let his ambitions get the best of him?
- Project Scorpio Reveal This Week? - Over the weekend, chatter in the industry started bubbling up about the possibility of Microsoft officially revealing Project Scoprio this upcoming week. Could Microsoft hit us with a surprise reveal this week? Is this the right time for Xbox to unveil its new console?
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com