Short Pause Gaming Podcast #109: Destiny 2 in September, Call of Duty: WWII, & Our Thoughts on Mass Effect: Andromeda
Frankie is out this week, but Brent, Ben, and Bender are still here and they're jazzed to discuss the latest and greatest in the world of video games. Topics this week include:
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Impressions - Brent and Bender hopped into Bioware's latest epic this past week, and they've got plenty to say after spending several hours with the space-faring RPG. Have the negative reactions surrounding the game's animations been blown out of proportion? What does the reaction to Mass Effect: Andromeda's reviews tell us about the state of criticism in this industry?
- Destiny 2 Promotional Materials Leak - In a big leak courtesy of GameStop Italy, the first promotional materials have been leaked regarding Destiny 2. A set of leaked promo posters reveal a September 8th (in Europe) release date, and a beta coming sometime in the near future. All signs point to these materials being legit. Is that September 8th date Europe only? Or would Activision consider a simultaneous worldwide Friday release date for the highly anticipated sequel?
- Call of Duty: WWII Materials Leak - Not be outdone by its Activision shooter sibling, Call of Duty also made news this past week when promotional materials also seemingly leaked for the next iteration in the long-running series, due to release in the fall of this year. With pictures of posters and steelbooks floating around the internet, how legitimate is this leak? And could the name Call of Duty: WWII be any more lame and generic?
- The Evil Within 2 Leaks Via Job Listing - And the leaks just keep on coming! This time, Bethesda and Tango Gameworks' are the "victim," as a job listing referencing the game's Japanese title -- Psycho Break -- clearly points to the existence of a sequel to the survival horror game. Could this be a 2017 title revealed soon, possibly at E3?
- God of War in 2017? - The voice actor for Kratos in the upcoming PS4 version of God of War thinks the game is releasing this year according to his Twitter profile. Is there any way this game releases this year, or is this simply a mistake by the voice actor?
- More Proof Pokemon is Switch-Bound - A job listing rom Pokemon series creator Game Freak clearly points towards the developer hiring for a new Pokemon game, presumably for the Switch. Might we finally see the long-rumored Pokemon Stars revealed in the near future?
- Cheetah is Revealed in Injustice 2 - The steady stream of character reveals for Injustice 2 continues, as Wonder Woman's arch-nemesis, Cheetah, is the latest villain to get a trailer unveiling her moveset. As Injustice 2 continues to look great in everything we see, when might we hear more about the game's in-depth loot and armor system?
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com