Short Pause Gaming Podcast #105: Halo Wars 2 Impressions, The Future of Xbox, & Does Anyone Actually Use PlayStation Now?
The gang's all together this week as Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie gather once again to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Halo Wars 2 Impressions - Brent and Frankie spent some time with Halo Wars 2's cooperative campaign this past week, and their initial impressions are positive. Does this game successfully translate the real-time strategy formula to consoles?
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Getting an Expansion Pass - Nintendo sent waves through the gaming spectrum on Tuesday when they announced Breath of the Wild would be getting an Expansion Pass, a first ever for The Legend of Zelda series. Is this something Nintendo fans should really be upset about?
- The Latest on Nintendo Switch - A brief demo of the Switch's UI leaked this week, alongside some developer documents that outline the Switch's official specs. Rumor also has it that the Switch will finally see eShop purchases tied to your Nintendo Account, as opposed to the hardware itself. With fans and journalists continuing to scrounge for any concrete information they can gather on the Switch, why isn't Nintendo talking more about the features of their latest console less than two weeks before launch? Will our most pressing questions be answered before launch?
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Launches June 30 - Everyone's favorite bandicoot is soon to be back with a vengeance as the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy officially releases on June 30, packing "AAA remasters" of the first three Crash games from the PS1 era. Will these remasters do the cherished original games justice?
- New Characters Revealed for Injustice 2 - Wonder Woman's arch-nemesis, Cheetah; Batman's foil, Catwoman; Pamela Isley's alter-ego, Poison Ivy; and the ultra-powerful protector of nature, Swamp Thing, have all joined the Injustice 2 fray as playable characters. Since we haven't heard much about it following the game's initial reveal, is the game's loot and gear system still a thing?
- Microsoft Moves its E3 Presser - In a surprise move, Microsoft has moved its traditional Monday E3 presser to Sunday afternoon, possibly in an attempt to move its conference even further away from Sony's. Phil Spencer also took to the Xbox blog this past week to outline the future of Xbox in 2017. With Project Scorpio still destined for a Holiday 2017 launch, which game is going to be the new platform's killer app?
- PlayStation Now Update - Sony has revealed that they are discontinuing their PlayStation Now service on PS3, Vita, PlayStation TV, and various Blu-Ray players and TVs. Come August of this year, the service will only be usable on PC and PS4. Does anybody use this service currently, and what does Sony need to do to make it more appealing to gamers?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com