Short Pause Gaming Podcast #104: Destiny 2 in 2017, The Next Call of Duty, & Our Impressions of Sniper Elite 4
Brent's back, and he's brought along a very special guest this week. Our very own Montaz Meah II -- the anime maestro and webmaster wizard behind the curtain here at Short Pause -- joins the show for the first time ever filling in Frankie who's out this week. He, Bender, Brent, and Ben settle in for another round of video game talk covering the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Destiny 2 is Coming in 2017 - Activision confirmed via an investor's call this past week that Destiny 2 is still on track for a 2017 release, and fans are frothing at the mouth in anticipation of any news they can get their hands on. Even though Bungie was quick to deny an interesting rumor regarding the sequel earlier this week, is there a chance that there's still some degree of validity to it?
- Call of Duty is "Returning to Its Roots" - Sledgehammer games hinted at a return to 20th century warfare earlier this year, and now Activision themselves is claiming that Call of Duty is "returning to its roots" for this year's installment. Is the franchise going to follow in the footsteps of the very successful Battlefield 1 and return to an earlier war in history, possibly even World War II?
- PS4 Tops NPD in January - PS4 was the top selling console for the month of January, continuing its momentum coming out of the holiday season. With the PS4 Pro on the market and a strong slate of exclusives arriving on Sony's platform now and throughout the rest of the year, will Microsoft's Xbox Scorpio be too little too late when it arrives later this year?
- E3 for Everyone - E3 is finally opening its doors to the public, and the pricey tickets are on sale now for those willing to brave the crowds and lines to get a glimpse of the future of gaming. Is this something we can continue to expect from future E3 shows?
- The Fracture But Whole is Delayed Again - Ubisoft revealed this past week that South Park: The Fractured But Whole has officially been moved into their next fiscal year, which runs from April 2017-March 2018. Does this game really have a chance to be delayed until 2018?
- Castlevania is Coming to Netflix - An ultra-violent animated series based on Konami's beloved video game property is coming to Netflix. Produced by Adi Shankar, this promises to be an adults only take on the franchise that looks to channel HBO's Game of Thrones series. Does this have a chance to succeed where other video game adaptations have failed?
- Sniper Elite 4 Impressions - Ben and Brent played through the latest iteration of Sniper Elite 4 for review on the site, and they share their impressions of developer Rebellion's latest sniping opus. Find out why this one is worthy of your time and attention.
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com