Monday June 6th, 2016 - Today, IO Interactive announced that the third HITMAN elusive target will go live this week! Details below.
"Get ready for the third HITMAN Elusive Target!
At 15:00 CEST / 06:00 PDT on Wednesday 8th June, we’ll update the Elusive Target tile on the Featured Hub in-game and the contract will be live. Make sure you’re ready, because The Prince will only be in Sapienza for 72 hours and there won’t be any second chances.
Check here for the exact starting time in your region: http://bit.ly/ET_ThePrince"
Were you skilled enough to eliminate both the first two targets? What are your overall impressions of the Elusive Target concept? Sound off in the comments below!
More about Elusive Targets
An Elusive Target is the closest thing to the Hitman fantasy that we've ever created. Each one is a custom-created character with their own backstory and their own unique reason for being in that location. We call them Elusive Targets because they are added to an existing location for a limited time in real-time and you'll only have one chance to take them down. If you kill them, that's the way that you killed them. There are no do-overs and no second chances. When an Elusive Target leaves the game world, they never return.
As always, Diana will brief you with critical intel that will help you track down and kill the target. That intel is more important than ever because Elusive Targets do not appear as targets on the mini map or instinct. You'll need to explore, find your target, study their movements and come up with a plan to eliminate them - all whilst playing. The pressure will be on when you've got the target in your sights. If you miss the shot and chaos breaks loose, you will need to have a plan B, because the save-game is disabled during an Elusive Target contract.
We know that Elusive Targets are not going to be easy, they were designed that way. If you can prove yourself, you’ll earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts, such as signature suits from previous Hitman games. You will receive the first reward for successfully completing 5 Elusive Target contracts.
Need a recap? This is Elusive Targets in a nutshell:
- Elusive Targets are added to the game for a limited time in real-time. They won’t return.
- You only get one chance to take them down. If you die, you fail the contract and cannot retry it.
- Elusive Targets do not show up on the in-game map or Instinct. You need to locate and identify them with limited intel.
- Earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts throughout the season.
- Every Elusive Target adds two unique challenges to the game; one 'target' challenge for eliminating the specific Elusive Target and a 'Silent Assassin' challenge for eliminating the target without being spotted and without any non-target casualties.