Short Pause Gaming Podcast #64: PSVR is $399, NX Leaks, & What are the Potential Repercussions of a PS4.5?
It's an epic two-man show this week as Brent and Ben tackle some big time stories while discussing the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Episode 64 of the Short Pause Gaming Podcast is here! Topics this week include:
- PlayStation VR is $399, Coming in October - Sony dropped a pricing megaton at GDC this past week when they revealed the price and launch window for their eagerly anticipated PlayStation VR headset. With a price $200 cheaper than Oculus Rift, and a staggering $400 less than the HTC Vive headset, is Sony in a position to dominate the early virtual reality scene?
- GDC is All About Virtual Reality - While there were a ton of great panels and indie games on display in San Francisco during GDC this past week, everything was overshadowed by the hype surrounding virtual reality. VR was the talk of the town, and for good reason. Brent and Ben break down the VR games from the show that stood out to them.
- Is Sony Preparing a PlayStation "4.5" for Consumer Release? - Kotaku dropped a bomb this week when they reported that Sony was hard at work on an upgraded PS4 model, dubbed "PS4.5," possibly to release some time this year. Are console gamers ready for a world where they can upgrade their hardware mid-cycle? Brent and Ben discuss the repercussions of this Brave New World in-depth.
- Destiny's Big April Update - Destiny's April update has been detailed by Bungie, and it's going to be a doozie. New gear, new PvE challenges, an increased level cap, and a host of other changes across all aspects of the the game add up to an update Destiny fans can finally get excited about. Might the new PvE challenges be hinting towards the return of the Prison of Elders?
- This Week in NX Leaks - A funky controller with no buttons? Luigi's Mansion NX planned as a launch title? There was no shortage of NX rumors making the rounds this past week. Is there any way this leaked picture is the actual NX controller?
- The First Details on Telltale's Batman Game - SXSW this past weekend brought the first concrete details regarding Telltale's new episodic Batman game debuting this summer. With the game's supposed focus on the Bruce Wayne/Batman dichotomy and how they affect one another, a dark, mature storyline, and comic book-style visuals, is this a game Dark Knight fans should be excited about?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
Also available to download from iTunes. Subscribe here!
Intro and closing music provided by @REUELETHAN