Short Pause Gaming Podcast #99: Breath of the Wild's Release Date, New Year's Resolutions, & Our Most Anticipated Games of 2017
Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to the first episode of 2017! The gang's all here as Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie get together one more time before the show hits triple digits (!) to discuss the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. The fellas also reveal their gaming resolutions for the new year, and their most anticipated games of 2017! Topics this week include:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a Switch Launch Title - It appears Nintendo has had a change of heart in regards to the release date of Breath of the Wild, as multiple sources are reporting that the game will now be a launch title for Nintendo's new hardware in March. Nintendo has apparently decided against delaying the game outside of the Switch launch window. With Zelda a likely launch title now, what does this mean for Super Mario Switch and the rest of the Switch games lineup for 2017?
- Mass Effect: Andromeda has a Release Date - Bioware's eagerly anticipated sci-fi epic finally has an official release date. As suspected, Mass Effect: Andromeda will launch late in Q1 2017 on March 21st. After a gameplay trailer at CES gave us another glimpse of the game in action, March 21st can't come soon enough!
- Injustice 2 is Coming in May - Ed Boon has confirmed that NetherRealm Studios' superhero sequel is coming May 16, 2017. With this surprise announcement coming sooner than some expected, when might we learn the characters who will comprise this game's roster?
- Shenmue Could be Remastered - Sega has registered a few domains that refer to the beloved Shenmue being remastered. Word out of the House That Sonic Built is that the idea has their "full attention." Could Sega finally fulfill their fans wishes and remaster this fondly remembered classic? Will they take advantage of the hype surrounding Shenmue III?
- Microsoft Calls 2017 "The Year of the Scorpio" - Microsoft's executives are excited about their new piece of hardware launching later this year, and they're letting everyone know about it. What exactly is going to be under the hood of the Scorpio? Might it house AMD's newest graphics technology? How much is this thing going to cost? So many questions, hopefully we'll get some answers in the not-too-distant future!
- New Year's Resolutions - New year, new Short Pause? The fellas have a list of resolutions they're hoping to tackle this year, both gaming and otherwise, and they're sharing their goals with the listeners. How many of these will be a reality by year's end?
- Our Most Anticipated Games of 2017 - The guys reveal a few of the titles they're really looking forward to in 2017. Is your favorite among them?
- We can't thank all of you, the listeners, enough for your support of this show! We'll see you next week as we celebrate our 100th episode!
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com