Short Pause Gaming Podcast #93: Blizzcon Recap, Activision Talks Destiny 2, & Can PS4 Pro Win Over Gamers?
We're back! Welcome to another exciting episode of the Short Pause Gaming Podcast! Bender and Frankie are off this week, leaving Brent and Ben to sort their way through the week that was to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- PS4 Pro Launches Thursday - PlayStation 4 gets its mid-cycle refresh this Thursday, and it looks like this is going to be a system worth owning. Press impressions over the last week have praised the system for its beautiful visuals and 4K/HDR implementation. Will this increase in fidelity be enough to win gamers over?
- Blizzcon 2016 Recap - Blizzard's annual celebration has come and gone, and Blizzcon 2016 was chock full of news regarding Overwatch, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and more! Sombra was finally revealed, Diablo is being remade inside of Diablo III, and Diablo II's Necromancer class is also making it's way over to Blizzard's latest dungeon crawler. Looks like it's time to get back into Diablo III!
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Teaser - This past week, Bioware implored its fans to join the "Andromeda Initiative" in anticipation of N7 day on Monday, November 7th. The announcement was accompanied by a teaser trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda, complete with Clancy Brown narration and a hint as to when this game may be taking place. Are we finally going to see a proper reveal for Mass Effect: Andromeda this November 7th?
- Production on the Wii U May be Ending - Eurogamer reported earlier last week that production on the Wii U would cease this past Friday. Nintendo said that's not the case. With Wii U essentially dead in the water as we await the arrival of Nintendo Switch and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, should we believe Nintendo in this case? Plus, all the Nintendo news from the week that was!
- Activision Talks Destiny 2 - On Activision's quarterly earnings call last week, the company briefly spoke about Destiny 2, noting their desire to "broaden the appeal" of the franchise even further. What does this mean for players who will be both new and old to the series when the sequel launches next year?
- The Name of the Next Tomb Raider Game has Leaked - If a laptop screen on a subway is to be believed, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the name of the next game starring Lara Croft. Will developers ever stop leaking classified game information on public transit?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com