Brent's away trying to figure out how he can catch the next flight to Tokyo in order to beg Shuhei Yoshida for a SOCOM 2 remaster in person, so that leaves Ben, Bender, and Frankie to sift through the news and talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- All the Latest On Nintendo Switch - Following last week's big reveal, the gaming world has been scrambling to dig up whatever info they can on Nintendo's next home console. The Big N says they're not talking about the system any more until January, but that hasn't stopped Eurogamer and its media ilk from scrounging up some more tantalizing details on the handheld/console hybrid. Is the handheld portion's screen resolution and touchscreen functionality now confirmed?
- Nintendo Nuggets - In addition to Switch news, Nintendo fans were treated to a number of stories this past week regarding the company's recent investors' meeting, including some specific sales data regarding games and hardware. With Switch on the horizon, what is the future of the 3DS? And, what is the connection between the original The Legend of Zelda and Breath of the Wild?
- Final Fantasy XV is Gold - Hot on the heels of The Last Guardian going gold last week, its brother-in-eternal-development, Final Fantasy XV, has gone gold as well! Is Final Fantasy XV really coming out on November 29th?! Plus, is this game going to have cooperative multiplayer?
- Bethesda Changes Their Review Policy - In a move that caught some off guard, Bethesda announced this past week that they will no longer be sending early review copies of their games out to the press, opting instead to give reviewers access to their titles a mere 24 hours before they launch into eager gamers' hands everywhere. With no advance impressions on which to base a purchase, is Bethesda's new policy anti-gamer?
- Turtle Rock is Done With Evolve - Turtle Rock Studios has announced that they are done actively working on their 4v1 monster hunting sim, Evolve, a reluctant move which was apparently prompted by the game's publisher, 2K. With the fate of Evolve as a game and franchise up in the air, what is the future of Turtle Rock?
- Titanfall 2 Sales Could Be "Substantially Disappointing" - One analyst thinks that EA's decision to release Titanfall 2 between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare could prove to have a substantial negative effect on the game's sales. Is the game's critical reception enough to overcome its tough release spot?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com