Short Pause Gaming Podcast #85: The PlayStation Meeting - Separating The Value Of PS4 Pro From Its Awful Reveal Event
The gang's all here, and it's a good thing because this past week was chock full of gaming goodness! Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie get together to discuss the PlayStation Meeting and all of the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- The PlayStation Meeting - The fellas go in-depth with Sony's PS4 Pro reveal event, breaking down everything that went wrong with PlayStation's latest conference. Also, the guys discuss the importance of separating the PS4 Pro as a product from the sub-par reveal event. Is there more value to the PS4 Pro than the reveal event led on?
- PS4 Slim is Officially Announced - Sony officially pulled the covers off of the worst kept secret in gaming, revealing the PS4 Slim as a $299 product that hits stores on September 15th. Is the PS4 Slim an even better piece of hardware than the original PlayStation 4?
- The Playstation NEO is the PS4 Pro - The PS4 was officially revealed at the Playstation Meeting this past Wednesday, and consumers can get their hands on one November 10th for the attractive price of $399. After how poor the PlayStation Meeting turned out, is Sony going to be able to convince consumers of the value in their latest piece of hardware?
- Bethesda and Sony Can't Agree on Mods - In a blog post on their website, Bethesda revealed that mod support for both Fallout 4 and Skyrim Remastered will not be coming to the PlayStation 4 due to Sony not approving "user mods the way they should work." Is this really Sony's fault, or is Bethesda more to blame?
- The Latest on the Nintendo NX - New reports peg the NX with a split d-pad, a share button similar to the PS4, and a distinct lack of region-locking. The dimensions of the unit are also said to be not much bigger than a 3DS XL when it's closed. With March 2017 rapidly approaching, and the fall gaming season right around the corner, when is Nintendo going to finally talk about this thing???
- Titanfall 2 is Excluded from EA Access - Respawn's AAA sequel will not see an early trial or 10% discount as a part of EA's Access plan. Are fans right to be upset by its glaring omission?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, & YouTube
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com