Brent's off discovering the secret recipe to Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich, which leaves Ben, Bender, and Frankie to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- The PS4 Slim is Real - A mysterious auction listing in the UK outed the unannounced PS4 Slim this past week, and several outlets have since confirmed the newly refreshed console's veracity. With Sony and Microsoft apparently moving in opposite directions with their console refreshes, is the PS4 Slim the right kind of system for Sony's hardware business/strategy?
- PlayStation Talking Points - PlayStation Now and a long awaited USB adapter for the DualShock 4 are coming to PC. Is this the first step toward Sony doing more with their PlayStation Now service, possibly even allowing users to play their already owned digital games on the service? Also, what's the deal with Sony raising the price of PlayStation Plus subscriptions?
- The Detachable NX Controllers Will Reportedly Support Motion Controls - A new report this past week has claimed that the allegedly detachable NX controllers will support motion controls an advanced form of force feedback. With Nintendo supposedly moving away from the Wii brand with the NX, is including motion controllers the right move here?
- July's NPD Numbers - GTA V topped the software charts for July, while old stalwarts like Destiny: The Taken King and Rainbow Six: Siege also made the list. Are the NPD numbers even more misleading and tough to read now that only some digital sales are being reported alongside retail ones?
- Respawn Responds to Titanfall 2 Tech Test Feedback - Fans have been playtesting Titanfall 2 via the Pre-Alpha Tech Test the past two weekends, and Respawn is taking their feedback to heart. They've implemented several changes already, and they'll continue to monitor feedback leading up to the game's launch in late October. Is Titanfall 2 going to the be the sequel gamers have been waiting for?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, & YouTube
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com