What a week! In the midst of our first concrete, credible details regarding Nintendo's new system, Ben, Bender, and Frankie go in-depth with everything we know about the NX so far. Is this going to be the new hardware gaming fans have been waiting for from Nintendo? Also, as always, the fellas tackle the latest and greatest from around the gaming industry. Topics this week include:
- NX is a Portable Console with Detachable Controllers - Eurogamer blew the covers off of the NX this past week, revealing Nintendo's new hardware is a portable/console hybrid with detachable controllers and cartridges as its media format of choice. Is a handheld-first system the right choice in this current video game climate?
- NX is Reportedly Powered by Nvidia's Tegra X1 Mobile Processor - Nvidia's state of the art mobile processor, the Tegra X1, is reportedly under the hood of the NX. Is the NX going to be powerful enough to keep up with current gaming standards? Is this finally going to lure third-party developers back to Nintendo?
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has Gone Gold - The next chapter of the Deus Ex saga has gone gold, meaning the game is on track for its August 23rd release. Is this going to be a dark horse contender for "Game of the Year?"
- Darsiders: Warmastered Edition Announced - Nordic Games has a remastered version of the first Darksiders game inbound for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC. The game sounds like it's shaping up nicely, as it is going to run at 1080p/60 frames per second on PS4, Xbox One, and PC (the Wii U version will be 1080p/30). Is this release paving the way for the long-awaited third entry in the series?
- Adam Boyes Joins Iron Galaxy Studios - Adam Boyes has joined Killer Instinct developer Iron Galaxy Studios as CEO. What projects might the former Sony executive oversee for the company?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
Also available to download from iTunes. Subscribe here!
Intro and closing music provided by @REUELETHAN
And don't forget to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org