The gang's all here! After weeks of hectic schedules and turmoil, Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie are finally able to once again reunite as a complete unit to talk the latest and greatest in the world of video games. Topics this week include:
- Dead Rising is Being Remastered for Current-Gen Consoles and PC - In a somewhat surprising move, Capcom announced this past week that Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record were all being remastered for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. True to their word, Capcom continues to retool classic titles from their considerable vault for current-gen platforms. With this being the series' first appearance on PS4, does this all but guarantee Dead Rising 4 arrives on PlayStation after its Xbox exclusivity is up?
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Releases on PS4 on October 11th - As a leak alluded to a few weeks ago, Rise of the Tomb Raider is finally hitting PS4 in early October, complete with new content, new modes, and an exclusive PSVR experience (the remaining new content will also come to Xbox One and PC as part of the Season Pass content). Does all of this new content (and the fact that it's an awesome game) make it worth the wait for PlayStation fans?
- Cross-Platform Play is Ready for Rocket League - Developer Psyonix says cross-platform play between Xbox One and PS4 in Rocket League is ready to go, they're just waiting for Sony to give them the ok to turn it on. CD Projekt Red says their new standalone Gwent game would love to implement this feature as well. What's it going to take for Sony to give the ok on cross-platform play with the Xbox One?
- Batman: The Telltale Series Gets a Release Date - We knew the first episode of Batman: The Telltale Series was coming in August, now we know when. August 2nd sees the release of the first episode in the five-episode series, titled "Realm of Shadows." Is Telltale going to be able to deliver all five episodes by the end of the year?
- Ubisoft's CEO Says the NX is "Really Great" - Yves Guillemot, CEO of mega-publisher Ubisoft, says he's seen Nintendo's mysterious new NX system and it's "really great." He also said it's going to "take more casual players back to the industry." Is the casual market really the group Nintendo's new system should be geared towards?
- Sonic is Back - 2017 will see the release of not one, but two brand new Sonic the Hedgehog games! First up is Sonic Mania, a love letter to the old 2D Sonic games complete with new zones, new bosses, and some returning favorites. Secondly, Holiday 2017 will see a brand new 3D Sonic game for the PS4, Xbox One, PC, and NX (!). Can Sonic finally reclaim his spot as one of the titans of the gaming industry next year?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
Also available to download from iTunes. Subscribe here!
Intro and closing music provided by @REUELETHAN
And don't forget to email us: email@example.com