Welcome to another fine edition of the Short Pause Gaming Podcast! Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie are back to once again talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Leaked? - A new leak this past week appears to reveal the map set to be utilized in the long-rumored Red Dead Redemption 2 from Rockstar Games. Is an official reveal closer than we think? And, what connection might this game have to Mafia III?
- This Week in NX Rumors - A juicy NeoGAF post surfaced recently detailing a fresh batch of rumors related to Nintendo's mysterious NX. Luigi's Mansion 3 as an NX launch title, a screen-based controller used to stream NX games from anywhere, and a modern AMD GPU providing some much needed power for the NX were mentioned amongst a plethora of other items. Does the NX controller need to double as a new Nintendo handheld device?
- Standby for Titanfall 2 - A brief teaser seems to highlight a more narrative focused affair this time around for Titanfall 2. Oh, and mech swords. All will be revealed when the game is officially unveiled during EA's Play event prior to E3 2016 on June 12th.
- GameStop Executive Claims New Console Launches are "Imminent" - GameStop COO Tony Bartel says that new console launches "seem imminent" and that "as usual, we know more than we can share." GameStop knows some things, but they're not spilling the beans. Are these "imminent" console launches simply referring to the NX and PlayStation VR, or might the rumored PS4.5 and Xbox neXt be included as well?
- March's NPD Results are More of the Same - March's NPD results are out in the wild now, and once again PS4 is the top selling piece of hardware in North America for the month. On the software side of things, Ubisoft hits it big as The Division and Far Cry Primal finish one and two for the month. Is Far Cry Primal going to be this year's sleeper hit?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
Also available to download from iTunes. Subscribe here!
Intro and closing music provided by @REUELETHAN