The fellas have pulled themselves away from Saturday Morning RPG just long enough to record a show, and Episode 57 of the Short Pause Gaming Podcast has arrived! Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie get together once again to discuss the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. The topics this week include:
- Sony Interactive Entertainment is Born - Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have merged to form a new entity headquartered in the West: Sony Interactive Entertainment. What does this mean for the future of PlayStation and Sony as a whole?
- The Division Beta Impressions - The Division Beta was in high demand this weekend, but the fellas managed to get in and spend a good chunk of time with Ubisoft's exciting new MMO-esque third-person shooter. Is this a game Tom Clancy fans should keep their eyes on? Also, why should Destiny fans pay close attention to The Division?
- Mighty No. 9 is Delayed...Again - Keiji Inafune's spiritual successor to Mega Man has hit another bump in the development road. Mighty No. 9 has been delayed from its upcoming February 9th date to the far more nebulous "Spring 2016." Will this latest delay negatively affect the game and its chance for success?
- EA's Financial Report Spills the Beans - A seemingly harmless EA financial report has provided a wealth of tantalizing tidbits about what the future holds for Electronic Arts. Titanfall 2, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and a new entry in the Battlefield series are all scheduled to hit before April 2017. Will all three of these titles be out in time for the holiday season?
- The Future of Bungie and Destiny - As Bungie's president steps down, fans continue to wonder what the future holds for their favorite shooter/MMO-hybird. Does this change at the top of the developer's food chain have anything to do with the studio's current state of affairs, or is this just a coincidence and business as usual? Can Bungie possibly keep up with Destiny's excruciatingly tough schedule and still keep it interesting for the fans?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
Also available to download from iTunes, subscribe here!
Intro and closing music provided by @REUELETHAN