Happy New Year gamers! Welcome to the first Short Pause gaming podcast of 2016! We're looking forward to another great year of gaming, and we're glad you all could join us to kick off the festivities. The crew is all here to get this year started with a bang discussing the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. The topics this week include:
- Assassin's Creed in Egypt - A Kotaku scoop blows the doors off of Ubisoft's future plans for the Assassin's Creed franchise. Is the series really planning to skip 2016, and might this mean we'll see Watch Dogs 2 this fall instead?
- Microsoft's Very Interesting Infographic - A seemingly innocent news post on Xbox.com reveals a wealth of details regarding Microsoft's 2016 plans for Xbox and gaming on Windows 10. Also, did Rise of the Tomb Raider sell better than we thought?
- Final Fantasy XV is a 2016 Title - Square Enix officially confirms Final Fantasy XV will release this year. Come March, we'll find out if the rumored Summer release date is in fact a reality.
- Oculus Rift is $599 - Oculus sent waves through the gaming world last week as they unveiled the price and release date for their long-awaited VR headset. What does the unit's $599 price mean for Sony's PlayStation VR?
- Resolutions & Reservations - The New Year is here, and the fellas unveil their gaming resolutions and most anticipated titles of 2016. What games are you looking forward to the most?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
Also available to download from iTunes, subscribe here!
Intro, intermission, and closing music provided by @REUELETHAN