Short Pause Gaming Podcast #53: Kojima Teams Up With Sony, Final Smash Bros. Direct, & Our Favorite Games of 2015
Welcome to the Short Pause year-end extravaganza! Brent, Ben, and Frankie come together one last time in 2015 to discuss the latest and greatest in the industry, as well as the year that was in the world of gaming. The topics this week include:
- Kojima is Free - After a tumultuous year as an employee of Konami, Kojima is finally free from the clutches of his former employer. His first move? Resurrect Kojima Productions and announce a new partnership with Sony that will see his new company's first game launch exclusively on the PlayStation 4. The fellas discuss this huge win for Sony.
- Nintendo's Final Smash Bros. Direct - Fire Emblem's Corrin and Bayonetta are the final characters to join the Smash Bros. roster, while Cloud's moveset and Midgar-themed stage are detailed in the final Nintendo direct of 2015. Is Bayonetta really the character gamers wanted to see win the character fan vote?
- New Details on Deck13's The Surge - The Lords of the Fallen developer lifts the curtain ever so slightly on their next project. The guys detail why The Surge's sci-fi world sounds like an awesome mixture of Bioshock and Dark Souls.
- Final Fantasy XV Survey - Square Enix sends out a survey asking gamers which game they would purchase first in the event that Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV release at the same time. With Persona 5's release date anticipated this summer, is this our best clue yet as to when Square Enix's long-in-development RPG will finally see the light of day?
- 2015 Year-in-Review - The fellas announce their top games of 2015. Did your favorite make the list?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
Also available to download from iTunes, subscribe here!
Intro and closing music provided by @REUELBEATS