Short Pause Gaming Podcast #160: Black Ops 4 Revealed, Pokemon Rumors, & Retro Working on Star Fox?
The full squad is back this week! Join Brent, Ben, Bender, Frankie as they once again get together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Black Ops 4 Revealed - Activision and Treyarch have lifted the veil on this year's Call of Duty, and as rumored, the game will not include a traditional single-player campaign. It will include, however, a robust multiplayer suite, an enhanced Zombies offering, and the first ever Call of Duty Battle Royale mode. The only question now is, just how many players will Battle Royale support in Black Ops 4?
- Rumor: Retro Studios is Working on a Star Fox Racing Game - Several outlets reported this past week that, according to their sources, Retro Studios -- the team behind Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country Returns -- is hard at work on a Star Fox racing game described as "Diddy Kong Racing meets F-Zero." Is this what fans want to see next from Retro?
- Pokemon Switch Rumors - A number of rumors surfaced last week concerning the first Pokemon game (s) to hit the Switch, including reports that it is a remake of Pokemon Yellow from the Game Boy Advance, and that it stars Pikachu and Eevee as starter Pokemon. It's also said to include integration with the Pokemon GO app. Would the first Pokemon game to grace the Switch really be a remake of a GBA game?
- Rage 2 is Official - As promised, Bethesda officially announced Rage 2 on Monday with a wicked trailer full of over-the-top action. Developed by Avalanche Studios in partnership with Id Software, the team behind the underrated Mad Max, Rage 2 is said to be an open world shooter set on a sprawling post-apocalyptic Earth. With Avalanche heading up development on Rage 2, does that free up Id to focus on DOOM 2?
- Ubisoft News - The Division 2, The Crew 2, and an "unannounced franchise title" are all set to release this fiscal year prior to April 2019. With The Division 2 expected to drop sometime in March, does this mean it will be going to toe-to-toe with EA and Bioware's Anthem? Just how many "games as a service" titles can the industry support? Also, might Ubisoft's "unannounced franchise title" be a new Splinter Cell??
- Deep Silver Delays - Publisher Deep Silver announced delays for two of its biggest upcoming titles this past week: Metro: Exodus and Shenmue III. While the Shenmue delay was expected, many were hoping that Metro: Exodus would be out this fall. With all of the big time titles do out before the end of the year, is this delay a blessing in disguise for Metro: Exodus?
- 2K Delays a Major Title - In more delay news this past week, 2K announced to investors that it has delayed a "highly anticipated title" from one of its biggest franchises. This has to be Borderlands 3, right?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com