Short Pause Gaming Podcast #154: New Tomb Raider, MW2 Remastered, & Will BLOPS 4 Have a Battle Royale Mode?
This week, the gang's all here! Join Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie as they once again get together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Sea of Thieves Launches Tuesday - Rare's long-awaited pirate-sim arrives this Tuesday, and the fellas are ready for the festivities. Will Sea of Thieves deliver on its immense potential?
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Releases September 14 - Lara Croft's next adventure has been officially confirmed for September of this year. Will the lack of an exclusivity deal and an earlier fall release date spell success for the final part of this rebooted origin trilogy?
- Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Rumored - An Amazon Italy listing has pointed towards the release of a remastered version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, possibly for as low as $19.99 this Spring. Is there a chance Activision would re-release this game as a standalone title next month? And, at $19.99, does this run the possibility of not being the full version of the game?
- Activision "Keenly Aware" of Battle Royale Genre Success - Activision is not blind to the overwhelming success of titles such as PUBG and Fortnite. Is it only a matter of time before we see a battle royale mode in something like Call of Duty? Is there a chance we see something as soon as this year's Black Ops 4?
- Geralt Joins the Cast of Soul Calibur VI - Bandai Namco's highly anticipated weapons-based fighter just got a high profile guest fighter added to the roster in the form of Geralt of Rivia. How will Geralt fit in with the rest of the eclectic cast?
- Bluepoint's Next Game is Even Bigger Than Shadow of the Colossus - Bluepoint's next game is another remaster, and this one is set to be even bigger than their last Herculean effort. What game could they possibly be remastering next?
- Splinter Cell Rumors - Last week, and Amazon listing sprung up for Splinter Cell 2018, possibly foreshadowing the return of Sam Fisher later this year. With the recent rumors surrounding Ubisoft Toronto and Splinter Cell, is there a good chance we see the next Splinter Cell at Ubisoft's E3 presser this June?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com