Short Pause Gaming Podcast #151: 10 Years of R6 Siege, January NPD, & What's Up w/Sledgehammer Games?
It's a three-man show this week as Brent, Ben, and Bender once again gather together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Impressions - With Brent back, he can finally dive into what he thinks of Kingdom Come: Deliverance after dozens of hours with the game. Is this polarizing open-world RPG a journey worth taking?
- Rainbow Six: Siege Has a 10 Year Plan - Ubisoft has revealed that they are currently viewing Rainbow Six: Siege as a platform unto itself with no plans for a sequel. With this, they have the lofty goal of supplying Rainbow Six: Siege with 100 operators over the course of an ambitious 10 year plan. Does Siege have what it takes to stand the test of time and remain relevant 10 years after its initial launch?
- Sledgehammer Games' Co-Founders Leave the Studio - In a surprising and abrupt announcement this past week, Sledgehammer Games co-founders Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, in conjunction with Activision, revealed they are leaving the studio they helped create. Even though Schofield and Condrey will remain with Activision in a new role, is there more to this story than meets the eye? Why would Schofield and Condrey leave the studio just months after the launch of their new game while in the midst of the development of its season pass content?
- Burnout Paradise Remastered Confirmed for the West - The worst kept secret in gaming has finally been confirmed for the west, and its hitting store shelves on March 16 with 4K 60FPS support in toe for both the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Will this classic racer's gameplay still hold up 10 years after its original release? And might this be a precursor or a testing ground for a brand new current-gen Burnout?
- EA Play 2018 Lineup - EA has revealed that 2018's version of Battlefield will be playable at EA's Play 2018 event, alongside an "inside look" at Bioware's Anthem. What does EA mean when they say an "inside look" at Anthem? Could this game still not be playable at E3 this year, just 9 months out from its anticipated launch?
- January's NPD Results - Switch sold the most consoles, while Monster Hunter World topped the software charts for the month of January. Where is Destiny 2 on January's NPD list? And what's up with Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 1 charting this month?
- Bungie Updates the Destiny 2 Roadmap - A few of Destiny 2's upcoming features have been moved around the roadmap as Bungie reassesses its development milestones. Will the Nightfall update on Tuesday be a good change for the future of the game?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com