Short Pause Gaming Podcast #150: Sea of Thieves Answers, MvCI Snubbed, & More Than 6 Years for Switch?
While Brent is out this week, Frankie makes his long-awaited return to the podcast as he joins Ben and Bender to once again talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Monster Hunter World Impressions - The fellas have spent a few weeks with Capcom's latest monster hunting epic now, and they can't get enough of Monster Hunter World's beast-slaying action. Find out why, after 3 weeks of intense playing, this is a game that everyone should have on their playlist.
- New Sea of Thieves Info - The press got their hands on Sea of Thieves again this past week, answering several questions about the game in the process. We now know how the game begins, the purpose behind the game's first three months, and just how the Kraken factors into it all! Will Sea of Thieves have what it takes to live up to its massive potential?
- Spyro Returns - Rumors are swirling that Activision and Vicarious Visions are hard at work on remastering the original PS1-era Spyro the Dragon trilogy, and that the game is due for release later this year. If this is true, will this remaster be a smash-hit like the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy before it?
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Not a Part of the Capcom Pro Tour - A week after being snubbed when the EVO 2018 lineup was revealed with it not included, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has now been shunned by Capcom themselves when it was announce this past week that the beleaguered fighter would be not be a part of this year's Capcom Pro Tour. Who's to blame for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite's current lack of support? What's the future look like for this game?
- Nintendo Looking to Extend the Normal Console Lifecycle - Nintendo believes that, with the Switch, the company has the opportunity to extend the console lifecycle beyond the typical 5-6 years. With the system's already limited technology posing hurdles, can the Switch possibly last beyond 6 years?
- Destiny 2 Exotic Pass Previewed - As part of their weekly update this past Thursday, Bungie outlined what they're looking to accomplish with their upcoming Exotic Pass, a rebalancing effort set to redefine the game's signature gear. Are these the kinds of changes the game's Exotic collection desperately needs?
- THQ Nordic Buys Koch Media - In an interesting move, THQ Nordic has purchased Koch Media, a move that brings Deep Silver, Volition, and Dambuster Studios under the prolific publisher's umbrella. With many of the former THQ's properties and developers now united under the THQ Nordic banner, might we see a developer/IP reunion? Volition returning to Red Faction perhaps?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com