Short Pause Gaming Podcast #147: Sea of Thieves Hands-On, Anthem Update, & Is Game Pass the Future?
So. Many. Games. To Play... Frankie's out this week, leaving Brent, Ben, and Bender to once again get together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Sea of Thieves Impressions - With the closed beta running this week, the fellas can finally talk about their experiences with Sea of Thieves. Do Microsoft and Rare have a hit in the making?
- Anthem Development Update - A detailed piece published by Kotaku this past week dove into the development history of Bioware's Anthem, emphasizing the gravity of the title and the importance of its success to both Bioware as a studio and EA as a publisher. Is Anthem a make or break title for Bioware and the future of its studio?
- Xbox Upgrades Game Pass - In a surprising announcement, Microsoft has revealed that moving forward, all future first party releases for the Xbox One will be available day-and-date as part of Xbox's $10 a month subscription service, Xbox Game Pass. Is Game Pass the future of distribution in this industry, and how will this move affect the bottom lines of Microsoft, the developers, and their retail partners?
- God of War Releases in April - God of War finally has a release date, and the epic story trailer rolled out alongside this announcement shows why so many can't wait to get their hands on this game. Is God of War set to be a generation-defining title when it releases this Spring on the PS4?
- Destiny 2's Next Update - Bungie outlined what Guardians can expect this upcoming Tuesday when Destiny 2 rolls out its latest update. Are the changes being made to Iron Banner, Raid Rewards, and Masterworks Armor a step in the right direction for the beleaguered developer?
- Dead Cells is Coming to Consoles - Dead Cells, the rouge-lite Metroidvania action-platformer, is making its way to the PS4, Xbox One, and Switch day-and-date with its official 1.0 release on the PC. Why is this a game that 2D action fans MUST keep on their radar?
- Crystal Dynamics Beefs Up The Avengers Project Staff - 15 industry veterans have joined Crystal Dynamics and The Avengers Project team as the developer ramps up staff to work on the game. Is this set to be the next big Marvel game after Spider-Man on PS4?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com