Short Pause Gaming Podcast #144: Gods of Mars, Xbox Rumors, & Our Most Anticipated Games of 2018
We're back! It's the first podcast of the new year, and the fellas are ready to hit the ground running! Join Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie as they once again get together to discuss the latest and greatest in the world of gaming, as well as reveal their picks for the games their anticipating the most in 2018! Topics this week include:
- Destiny Rumors - Over the holiday break, rumors were flying fast and furious surrounding Destiny 2's next expansion. There's been talk of everything from new enemy alien races to the emergence of a being called Nezarec. While we do know that the next expansion will officially be named Gods of Mars, the rest of the leaked information appears to be fake. The fellas sift through the rubbish and determine what's real and what's not. Just who, or what, are the titular "Gods of Mars?"
- Burnout Paradise HD Remaster Confirmed - March 16 will see the release of Burnout Paradise HD Remastered in Japan, confirming the rumored title as a real thing. With the popularity of Burnout across the globe, it's only a matter of time before this title is confirmed for the West, right?
- The Future of The Division - Ubisoft's post-apocalyptic shooter has found a dedicated, hardcore audience over the weeks and months since its release, leading many to wonder what the future of the franchise holds. Might we see The Division 2 any time soon, or is this a project reserved for the distant future?
- Nintendo Switch is the Fastest Selling Home Console of All-Time - Nintendo's newest console just keeps on chugging along and, after just 10 months on the market, it has surpassed the mighty Wii as the fastest selling console of all-time in the US. Despite an incredible first year on the market, is Nintendo's goal of 20 million consoles sold its next fiscal year a little too lofty, even for the red-hot Switch?
- Xbox Rumors - A wealth of "too good to be true" rumors surrounding the Xbox sprung up over the past week, covering everything from the development of a new Fable, to the next Forza Horizon being set in Japan. Just how legitimate are these rumors? Can the source of them be trusted?
- Our Most Anticipated Games of the Year - 2018 looks to be another banner year for video games, with tons of amazing-looking titles on the horizon both in the near and distant future. The fellas reveal the games they're looking forward to the most over the course of the next year. Did your favorite make the list?
- Our New Year's Gaming Resolutions - As is customary for our first show of the new year, the fellas outline the gaming habits they're looking to change, improve upon, or implement over the course of 2018. What do you hope to accomplish gaming wise in the new year?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com