Short Pause Gaming Podcast #142: The Game Awards, PSX, & Curse of Osiris Impressions!
Whew, what a week! Join Brent, Ben, and Bender as they once again get together to discuss everything to come out of this year's version of The Game Awards and PlayStation Experience. Topics this week include:
- Curse of Osiris Impressions - The fellas have spent the last week with Destiny 2's first big expansion, and they've got a lot to discuss. The guys break down what worked, what didn't, and what's still to come. Also, what's up with the Prometheus Lens?
- From Software Developing Bloodborne 2? - An extremely brief teaser for From Software's next project was revealed during The Game Awards, and many believe this is pointing towards the next game in the Bloodborne franchise. Could this realistically be the next thing that From Software is working on? How does the tagline "Shadows Die Twice" fit into the picture if this is indeed a teaser for Bloodborne 2?
- Death Stranding Gets a Wild New Trailer - Revealed during The Game Awards, Death Stranding's epic new eight minute trailer was bizarre, confusing, and utterly engrossing. Just what is this game about??
- A Way Out Releases in March - Josef Fares' novel co-op adventure finally has a release date. It's coming out on March 23rd, and only one copy of the game is necessary for two people to play. Did the game's creator, Josef Fares, go a little to far with his on stage comments surrounding EA and the Oscars?
- Dreams Re-Emerges - With a trailer during the game awards and a panel during the PlayStation Experience, Media Molecule's Dreams reintroduced itself to the gaming world in a big way this week. Now that we have a much better idea of what Dreams is and how it builds upon the "Play. Create. Share." motto the company began with LittleBigPlanet, is this game set to be one of PS4's best in 2018?
- Overall Show Impressions - The fellas breakdown the good, the bad, and the ugly surrounding this year's version of The Game Awards and PlayStation Experience. How did the new format of the PSX opening keynote work out?
- Mega Man Returns - In a series of announcements during Capcom's live stream celebrating Mega Man's 30th Anniversary, the legendary publisher and developer revealed that not only is Mega Man 11 in development for a late 2018 release, but the Mega Man X Collection is coming to current gen consoles next summer, complete with all eight games in the series! Is Mega Man 11's new art style going to work for longtime fans of the series?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com