Short Pause Gaming Podcast #141: The State of Destiny 2, DMC 5 on PS4, & PUBG Will Run at 30FPS On All Xbox Consoles "At Launch"
We're back! Now that the Thanksgiving break has come and gone, Brent and Ben return to once again join forces and talk the latest and greatest in the very busy world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- The State of Destiny 2 - With the release of Destiny 2's first expansion on the horizon, Bungie took some time this past week to address fans' concerns and criticisms surrounding the title, especially with regards to the game's current endgame. Over the course of a detailed blogpost and accompanying podcast, Bungie laid out their plans for the immediate future surrounding Masterworks legendary weapons, updates to Xur and the game's exotic pool, new ways to use Legendary Shards, and a wealth of other changes, in addition to hinting at what's to come in the future. Is this what fans wanted to see from Bungie this week? Are these changes a step in the right direction towards improving the game's endgame for the hardcore players?
- RUMOR: Devil May Cry 5 is Set to be a PS4 Excusive - In a detailed leak over on the ResetEra forums, poster Son of Sparda has revealed that he has information regarding Devil May Cry 5. According to Son of Sparda, the game is set to be a PS4 console exclusive (in addition to PC), target 60fps, return to the mainline Devil May Cry story started in the first four games, and is expected to be released in fiscal year 2019 (between April 2018 and March 2019). With the amount of detail behind this post, could this actually be a legitimate leak?
- The Rumor Mill is Churning - In addition the big leak surrounding Devil May Cry 5, this past week saw a number of additional rumors spring up surrounding a delayed release date for EA's A Way Out, Assassin's Creed Rogue HD on PS4 and Xbox One, and Soul Calibur VI. Could we see the long-awaited sixth entry in the revered fighting game franchise as early as The Game Awards this upcoming Thursday?
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 is Officially Announced - Sega is officially brining Valkyria Chronicles 4 to the PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in 2018. Will this return to form satiate strategy fans unable to connect with Valkyria Revolution earlier this year?
- PS4 Sells Big on Black Friday - According to Sony, PS4 had the biggest Black Friday in PlayStation's 22 year history this year, guaranteeing big sales for the heavily discounted console. How will the PS4 Black Friday sales stack up against Xbox One and Switch when all is said and done?
- Deus Ex is Not Dead Yet - In an interview with GI.biz this past week, Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda noted that Deus Ex is still a "very important franchise" to Square Enix and that they are already planning the future of the series. While longtime series developer Eidos Montreal is currently hard at work on the Square Enix Avengers project, the Deus Ex franchise has not been discontinued with the publisher. Is Deus Ex simply on the back-burner for the time being while Eidos Montreal works on other projects?
- PUBG is 30fps on All Xbox One Consoles - Despite discussing 60fps on the Xbox One X, PUBG studio Bluehole confirmed this past week that when PUBG launches on Xbox One on December 12, it will be 30fps on all Xbox One consoles in its initial Game Preview state. While it sounds like the developer is targeting 60fps eventually for the console release, are they in danger of dividing the game's user base if the Xbox One X version runs at a higher frame rate in the future?
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com