Short Pause Gaming Podcast #135: The State of Destiny 2's Endgame & Serious Allegations Hit Naughty Dog
Brent is out this week as he settles into his new digs (congrats!), but the show must go on! Ben, Bender, and Frankie are here to hold down the fort, as the fellas once again get together to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming.
**Note: There will not be a standard video version of the podcast this week. It will be available in audio form on a variety of podcasting services, as well as on our YouTube page.**
Topics this week include:
- Serious Allegations Levied Against Naughty Dog and Sony - In a shocking social media post Saturday afternoon, former Naughty Dog artist David Ballard alleges he was a victim of sexual harassment while working at the revered developer in late 2015. He further alleges that, when presenting his case to Sony PlayStation HR in early 2016, he was promptly fired and offered a lump sum to make sure he didn't discuss the matter with anyone else. The fellas lay out the little we currently know about the situation while talking about the troubling reality of harassment in this industry.
- Airship Syndicate Working on Fix for Battle Chasers: Nightwar on PS4 - It sounds like developer Airship Syndicate may have have narrowed down the cause of the crashing issues with Battle Chasers: Nightwar on the PS4, so hopefully it won't be too long before they can push out a fix via a patch to gamers eager to make sure their save doesn't become corrupted. Despite this issue, the fellas continue to discuss why this a game worth playing.
- The Current State of Destiny 2's Endgame - Bungie's Weekly Update this past Thursday alluded to the fact that the developer is currently taking in all of the feedback regarding Destiny 2's endgame and analyzing its current state, while also discussing what changes should be considered for the near future. The guys dive deep into the shared-world shooter's current state of affairs in regards to its endgame, and talk about why a lack of depth needs to be the key focus moving forward.
- EA Addressed Star Wars Battlefront II Beta Feedback - In addition to Darth Vader being confirmed as a playable villain in Battlefront II this past week (shocking, I know), EA has confirmed they are taking feedback into account from the game's recently completed beta and looking at how they will implement this feedback into the game moving forward. Is Battlefront II in danger of being "pay-to-win?"
- Ed Boon Teases a Surprising Character for Injustice 2 - With the reveal of which characters will comprise Injustice 2's "Fighter Pack 3" surely on the horizon, Netherrealm Studios' head honco Ed Boon is up to his old tricks again, revealing that there is a "surprising character" in store for the game. Who will join The Atom as a playable fighter in the upcoming "Fighter Pack 3?" Are wildcards like Spawn or Rorschach really an option?
- Season Passes Galore - This past week saw a number of Season Passes and their contents revealed to the gaming masses, including South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Assassin's Creed: Origins, and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. Are these passes set to add quality content to their respective games?
- Cuphead Sells Over 1 Million Copies - In just two weeks time, developer StudioMDHR has managed to sell over 1 million copies of their incredibly gorgeous run-and-gun shooter, Cuphead, making this a bonafide hit with gamers around the globe. The fellas discuss why this a game that must be played, despite how difficult it may be at times.
- Plus this week's new releases, what we've been playing, and tons more!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com