Short Pause Gaming Podcast #114 - Call of Duty: WWII Reveal, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite's Epic CE, & Why Are Nintendo Being Douches?
It's a full squad this week as Brent, Ben, Bender, and Frankie gather together to once again talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming. Topics this week include:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Impressions - The fellas fired up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch this past week, and they've got nothing but positive things to say about the game's fast paced racing and revamped battle mode. The online experience, however, is a whole different story. While the servers appear to be working great, what's Nintendo planning to do about the game's barebones social features?
- Call of Duty: WWII is Officially Revealed - On Wednesday, Activision and Sledgehammer Games finally pulled the curtain back and gave us our first official look as this year's iteration of Call of Duty, and it looks like its shaping up nicely. The reveal trailer showed off the game's return to its World War II roots, as well as its focus on authenticity and visceral combat. Is this going to be the return to form series fans have been waiting for?
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Releases September 19 - Marvel vs. Capcom's eagerly anticipated return has an official release date, and fighting fans the world over can't wait to get their hands on Capcom's latest tag team brawler. In addition to a concrete release date, this past week saw the release of not one, but two new trailers focusing on the game's story and gameplay. What new changes can we expect to see in the game's revered fighting system with this latest iteration? Also, how awesome is this game's Collector's Edition?!
- PlayStation 5 in 2018? - Under Kaz Hirai's leadership, Sony is going to post their most profitable year, ending March 2018, since 1998. Alongside this expectation, renowned analyst Damian Thong expects Sony to release its next big piece of hardware at the end of 2018. With all of the games still on the docket for Sony's surging PS4, could they actually release their next console as soon as next year? Do gamers really want to see the PS5 in 2018, or is that just too early?
- Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is Rated by Korean Ratings Board - The Korean Ratings Board is back again, this time leaking the existence of a second Mega Man Legacy Collection comprised of Mega Man 7-10. With the Korean Ratings Board's history of accurate leaks, is there any way this is not a real thing?
- Halo 6 to Focus on Master Chief - Microsoft and 343 Industries have heard the cries of fans, and their committed to focusing on Master Chief once again with the next Halo. Is this was the series needs to get back on track from a narrative perspective?
- Nintendo are Being Douches - Tom Happ wants to get Axiom Verge onto Nintendo Switch, but Nintendo just won't let him, leading former Nintendo employee and current Axiom Verge advocate, Dan Adelman, to proclaim, "They're being douches." What's Nintendo's issue with having Axiom Verge n their newest platform?
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, Stitcher, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com