Short Pause Gaming Podcast #112: Battlefront II Looks Great, Uncharted Returns in August, & Breaking Down Nintendo's Latest Direct
With Star Wars mania in the air, Ben, Bender, and Frankie get together once again to discuss the latest and greatest in the world of video games. Topics this week include:
- Star Wars: Battlefront II is Officially Unveiled - EA took advantage of Star Wars Celebration this past weekend and gave us our first taste of what's to come in Star Wars: Battlefront II. With a revamped, multiple era-spanning multiplayer suite and an epic single-player campaign bridging the gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, this one is shaping up nicely. Is the sequel fans have been waiting for?
- Nintendo's Latest Direct - Nintendo held a new Direct presentation last week focused on upcoming titles for the 3DS and Switch. While there were tons of games talked about, and we got release dates for ARMS and Splatoon 2, there wasn't anything particularly exciting about the presentation. Do ARMS and Splatoon 2 have what it takes to be breakout hits for Nintendo Switch?
- Nintendo Discontinues the NES Classic - In the most Nintendo move of the week, the Japanese giant announced that is was discontinuing its insanely popular NES Classic mini-console. With millions of people still waiting to get their hands on the supply-strapped hardware, what is Nintendo thinking here?
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Arrives August 22nd - Nadine and Chloe return to action this August as they take the spotlight and grab the reigns of Naughty Dog's legendary action-adventure franchise. With Middle-Earth: Shadow of War set to release the same day, could this date be any more epic for gamers?
- Yakuza: Kiwami Releases August 29th - One week after Uncharted: The Lost Legacy launches, Sega's next Yakuza title hits PS4. This remaster of the first game in the series has long been requested for a western release by fans. Sandwiched between blockbuster games like Uncharted, Shadow of War, and Destiny 2, is this release date a mistake for this admittedly niche title?
- Remedy's Next Title is PS4 Bound - It's all-but-confirmed at this point, but Remedy's next title, codenamed P7, looks to be PS4 bound when it launches. Remedy games have been absent from PlayStation consoles since 2003. Is this move to multiplatform development a direct response to poor sales from its Xbox exclusive titles?
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com