Short Pause Gaming Podcast #111: Project Scorpio Revealed, Zelda Stays Open World, & Is Spider-Man PS4 Releasing This Year?
We finally have some concrete details on Microsoft's Project Scorpio! Bender and Frankie are off this week, so it's a two-man show "blast from the past" as Brent and Ben get together once again to discuss the latest and greatest in the world of video games. Topics this week include:
- Project Scorpio's Final Specs Revealed - Eurogamer via Digital Foundry finally gave us our first official details concerning Microsoft's upcoming Project Scorpio iteration of the Xbox, and this machine looks like it won't disappoint. With its 6 teraflops of computing power, juiced up GPU and CPU, 12 gigs of RAM, and increased memory bandwith, Project Scorpio is unquestionably going to live up to Microsoft's lofty claims as the most power gaming console ever created. With all of this power under the hood, just how much is this thing going to cost?
- Marvel Heroes Omega is Coming to Consoles - The popular super hero MMORPG, Marvel Heroes, is finally making its way to home consoles. Bringing with it tons of heroes and a more action-RPG style of gameplay, Marvel Heroes Omega looks to stand out in the crowded console MMORPG genre when it hits later this year. Does this game have what it takes to build a steady and consistent audience on consoles?
- Agents of Mayhem Releases This August - Volition's new wacky open world action title, Agents of Mayhem, is due to release on August 15th. Described as an "R" Rated version of G.I. Joe, Agents of Mayhem looks to retain Volition's signature form of open world irreverence they've popularized over the years with Saint's Row. With all of the great titles set to release this year in the Fall, is August 15th an ideal release date for this title?
- NBA Playgrounds Launches Next Month - A surprise reveal this past week, NBA Playgrounds looks to channel the spirit of NBA Jam and NBA Street once again. It's set to hit PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC next month. Does this game have what it takes to capture that NBA Jam magic in 2017?
- Spider-Man PS4 in 2017? - A Marvel executive's slip of the tongue this past week pegged Insomniac's upcoming Spider-Man title for the PS4 with a 2017 release date. Insomniac has since denied this, claiming the game is still without a confirmed release date. Is there any way this game makes it out this year? And if so, can 2017 support anymore blockbuster games than it already has??
- The Legend of Zelda Series to Remain Open World - Shocking absolutely no one after the wild success of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, series producer Eiji Aunoma suggested this past week that the series would remain open world for the foreseeable future. Is this the right move for this series in the long run?
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com