Short Pause Gaming Podcast #102: Marvel Teams-Up With Square Enix, New Scorpio Details, & Our Impressions of Resident Evil 7
With Brent still out tending to his newly born son and Bender rubbing his dirty mitts all over the Nintendo Switch at PAX South 2017, Ben and Frankie are joined by a very special guest this week! JD, host of the Play and Listen Gaming Podcast and friend of the show, joins the fellas to talk the latest and greatest in the world of gaming! Topics this week include:
- Square Enix and Marvel Announce a Multi-Game Partnership - Marvel continues to revamp how they approach the video game side of their business, and their newly announced partnership with Square Enix is another exciting step in the right direction. Last week, the two entertainment powerhouses spilled the beans on their newly minted multi-game partnership, revealing that The Avengers Project (unofficial title) is in development from Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal! What other properties might Square Enix tackle as part of this union and which of their development studios could potentially handle them?
- Fighting Game News - Fight fans had a lot be excited about this past week as Tekken 7 solidified a June 2nd release date, NetherRealm gave us our first glimpse of Robin in action in Injustice 2, and eight of the nine games that will be on display at EVO 2017 were announced! The ninth and final game is up to the fans to decide (Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is currently in the lead here). With so many great fighting games available both now and in the near future, has there ever been a better time to be a fan of this classic genre?
- Prey Releases May 5th - Arkane's atmospheric reboot of Prey finally has a confirmed release date and it's looking excellent. Bethesda continues to carve out a significant niche as a publisher who believes in and evangelizes the first-person single-player experience. In a sea of multiplayer shooters, will we see other publishers follow suit and attempt to stand out?
- New Project Scorpio Details - A whitepaper document detailing several development details related to Micrsoft's Project Scorpio made the rounds this past week, shedding light on a few new details regarding the new Xbox console, as well as reaffirming information we had heard previously. Is there confusion in the development and/or gaming community regarding the Scorpio and Microsoft's approach to hardware moving forward?
- Mass Effect: Andromeda Gets a New Cinematic Trailer - Bioware's epic RPG is less than two months away, and the game looks better and better every time we see it. Is there any way this new series entry lives up to the lofty pedigree of its predecessor?
- Resident Evil 7 Impressions - Through the magic of editing, Brent stops in to give us his thoughts on Capcom's latest scarefest. Is this the return to horror-form that fans of the Resident Evil franchise have been waiting for?
- Plus, this week's new releases and much, much MORE!
- Also available on iTunes , TuneIn, YouTube, & Google Play
- Email Questions & Feedback: Podcast@ShortPause.com
- Be sure to check out JD on the Play and Listen Podcast every week on iTunes & Soundcloud!