Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom - Meet Your Party in the Characters Trailer
April 7, 2017 - Enigami's upcoming Action-RPG Shiness arrives April 18 for download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC! In today's Characters Trailer, meet the eclectic band of fighters you'll take control of as you explore, quest, and battle across the magical world of Mahera.
Shiness' characters and story were first birthed over 20 years ago from the pen strokes of a young Samir Rebib, co-founder of Enigami. Now, after a successful Kickstarter campaign and with the help of publisher Focus Home Interactive, this young team is close to releasing their first game featuring five playable characters with distinct playstyles and personalities:
- Chado - This daring young Waki dreams of traveling far beyond his home town of Kimpao―and this desire quickly gets him in big trouble!
- Poky - A faithful friend to Chado, Poky has an incredible talent for engineering that makes up for his lack of courage.
- Rosalya - Shy but loyal to the party, Rosalya has a powerful affinity with fire and is on the search for a mysterious truth.
- Askel - A formidable young mercenary, the enigmatic Askel already has a far-reaching reputation in Mahera.
- Kayenne - A strong, natural born leader, Kayenne remains calm in even the most difficult situations.
Control your party members directly in hyper-dynamic combat―each character has powerful magical abilities and their own devastating Hyper Combos! Though battles are 1v1 in classic fighting game tradition, party members can cast spells from the sidelines and be swapped out through the tag team system.
Outside battle, the open, puzzle-filled environments give party members plenty of opportunities to shine. From Kayenne's telekinetic talents to Rosalya's use of fire to reveal hidden entrances, use potent abilities to overcome any obstacle that stands in your way.
About Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
Shiness is an Action-RPG developed by French independent studio Enigami, that will take you on a journey through an enthralling universe on the verge of collapsing following the fragmentation of planet Mahera. Play as Chado and his companions, traveling through the celestial islands on their flying ship. After a crash-landing on one of the most hostile of the celestial islands, you find yourself in the middle of a conflict involving multiple kingdoms. However, this explosive situation might find a peaceful outcome, with Chado's newfound unique ability to perceive and communicate with the Shiness, a mysterious spirit embued with magic.
- Travel through an enthralling and interactive world as Chado and his 4 companions, and develop your characters.
- Hyper-dynamic combat mixing magic with combos, parries, and blocks like a traditional arena fighter.
- Develop two types of skills (physical attacks and magic) and unlock new talents and spells.
- Explore and interact with a vast world made of multiple environments thanks to you and your companions' special powers and skills.
- Numerous quests and side-quests will give you the opportunity to develop your characters and their reputation.
Enigami is a French transmedia studio, specialized in videogames development. Enigami unites a team of passionate developers who work since 2013 on Shiness, an independant role-playing game. The story of Shiness takes its roots in an enthralling and colorful universe, that will take the player on a journey for an epic adventure.
If you want to learn more about Enigami, you can learn all kinds of stuff about us on our official website:http://www.shiness.fr/
About Focus Home Interactive
Focus Home Interactive is a French publisher based in Paris, France. Known for the quality, diversity and originality of its catalogue, Focus has published and distributed original titles that have become benchmark titles worldwide, available both in store and for download across the world. Focus publishes games on all major platforms, consoles and PC. The publisher's catalogue will get even richer the coming months and years with eagerly awaited games such as Vampyr, The Surge, Mordheim, Space Hulk: Deathwing, Call of Cthulhu - the official video game, and many more. More information about the company at:http://www.focus-home.com
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom arrives digitally to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on April 18, 2017.