Official Press Release
LAS VEGAS – May 14, 2015 – Tom Happ is proud to announce that Axiom Verge is now available for purchase on Steam and the Humble Store for PC, OSX, and Linux. Axiom Verge is an action-platform-exploration game that's not only created in intricate detail in the style of classics such as Metroid, Contra, and Master Blaster, but uses old-school "glitches" as a gameplay feature. You'll use them to scramble enemies, corrupt environments, and pass through walls into hidden areas in a massive alien world.
New features include Steam Cloud saves, Achievements, Trading Cards, Leaderboards (Global Leaderboards at launch, in-game Leaderboards shortly after), and in-game map reminders. Map reminders will be coming to PlayStation 4 version in an upcoming update.
With over 900 unique rooms to explore, Axiom Verge is the culmination of five years of art, code, music, and game design all from sole developer Tom Happ. In Axiom Verge, you play as Trace, a scientist who awakes in an alien world after a lab explosion. A voice calls to Trace telepathically for help, his only clue to the strange world in which he finds himself. As Trace works his way toward the voice and beyond, he explores an expansive world of monstrous enemies, power-ups, weapons, bosses, and loads of hidden items.
Axiom Verge is priced at $19.99 / €17.99 and debuted on PlayStation®4 to near universal acclaim. It received 24 separate reviews from major outlets giving it a 9 out of 10 or higher, including Giant Bomb’s Jeff Gerstmann’s first perfect 5 out of 5 score in two years.
- Explore an expansive non-linear alien world with more than 900 unique, interlocking rooms.
- Gobs of unique tools and abilities, loads of weapons, and tons of health/power/attribute upgrades.
- Battle with nearly 70 unique creatures and gigantic screen-filling bosses.
- "Glitches" now allow you to break past the boundaries of normal gameplay.
- Speedrun Mode – Play with a streamlined interface and additional features to facilitate speedrunning.
- Supports Steam Cloud saves, Achievements, Trading Cards, Leaderboards (Global Leaderboards at launch, in-game Leaderboards shortly after), and in-game map reminders.
- Available now for PC, OSX, Linux, and PlayStation 4. Planned PlayStation Vita release (cross-buy supported with PlayStation 4).
Check out Ben Boyce's review of Axiom Verge here!