Dead Island Definitive Collection PlayStation 4 Pre-order is Now Available; New Screenshots Released
Larkspur, Calif., April 26, 2016 - Deep Silver and Techland today released a splattering of screenshots from the remastered version of Dead Island in conjunction with the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system pre-order going live with an exclusive PlayStation®4 theme. Dead Island Definitive Collection is a compilation containing Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and for free, Dead Island Retro Revenge. It will be available digitally on May 31, 2016 for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Windows PC for a suggested price of $39.99.
This collection of screenshots shows off a mixture of iconic and gory gameplay as well as the beautiful scenery of Banoi from Dead Island. The images demonstrate the new high quality through the rebuilding of both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide on Techland's next gen engine.
With a substantial visual and performance overhaul, the Dead Island Definitive Collection introduces many cutting edge current-generation graphical effects including:
- Higher Quality Textures: Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system: The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look to the beautiful sunny tropical setting
- Physically based shading: The introduction of new physically based shading techniques means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing: The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience a much cleaner look throughout
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets: All major geometry assets (i.e. NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
- HBAO and motion blur effects: The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world. Through a better implementation of object shadows and the all-new motion blur effects, players will get a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated game UI: The updated game UI provides a more consistent look for Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide
- The Current-gen Console Experience: The Dead Island Definitive Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS®Vita Remote-Play (PS4(TM)), Share-Play (PS4(TM)), streaming and recording
- Power Fists Power-up: And last but not least, the fan favorite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up ever!
Available at the same time, Dead Island Definitive Edition, and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition will each be available separately and as a digital download for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 and PC at suggested a price of $19.99.
All three titles, Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition, plus the compilation Dead Island Definitive Collection are scheduled for release on May 31, 2016. For more information about Dead Island Definitive Collection, visit: http://deadisland.deepsilver.com/us/dide_us.html#dicomplete
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and publishes interactive games for all platforms, seeking to deliver top-quality products that provide immersive game experiences driven by the desires of the gaming community. The company has published more than 200 games worldwide since 2003, including the best-selling zombie action Dead Island(TM) franchise, the critically-acclaimed Metro(TM): Last Light and the smash hit action adventure Saints Row IV(TM). Deep Silver is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Koch Media, GmbH, and also owns the development studios Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA, and Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK. For more information, please visit www.deepsilver.com.