LAS VEGAS – March 14, 2016 – Tom Happ announced today that he will be bringing his critically acclaimed game, Axiom Verge, to Xbox One and Nintendo eShop on Wii U later this year.
Axiom Verge is a retro-style action-platform-exploration game done in a 16-bit style and was heavily influenced by games like Metroid, Contra, Blaster Master, and other classics, but with very modern design sensibilities. It also gives you power over glitches like those found in classic games, allowing you to scramble enemies, corrupt environments, and enter hidden areas as you explore this hostile alien world and uncover your role within it.
The entire game (programming, design, art, animations, music) was created by one person, Tom Happ, during evenings and weekends over the course of 5 years. Previously released on PS4 and Steam, it has received more than 24 independent review scores of 9/10 or higher and won multiple game of the year awards.
Axiom Verge Features:
• Over 40 weapons and tools
• Almost 100 upgrades
• Over 80 creatures
• Almost 1000 rooms
• 6 supported languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
Media quotes and recognition:
• Winner, Hardcore Gamer Best of 2015
• Winner, PlayStation Blog Editor’s Choice
• Winner, Destructoid’s Best of PAX East 2015
• Winner, GameSpot’s Best of E3 2014
• GameSpot's Best Game Made By One Person Special Achievement Award
• Giant Bomb's Editor's Top Games of 2015: Jeff Gerstmann's #3 Game of 2015, Dan Ryckert's #4
• Jeremy Parish, US Gamer – 5/5 “Simply one of the best games I’ve played in years” (from Axiom Verge PS4 Review: Play It Again, Sam)
• Jeff Gerstmann, Giant Bomb – 5/5 “Axiom Verge is positively terrific.” (from Axiom Verge Review)
• Examiner.com – “Breathtaking... This work of love is one of 2015's best yet” (from PS4 Review: Axiom Verge)
• The Huffington Post – Indie Hit 'Axiom Verge' Shows How One Person Can Take On Video Game Giants
• TheVerge.com – Axiom Verge Feels Like a Brand New Metroid on PS4: An Indie Developer Picks up Where Nintendo Left Off
• More than 24 independent review scores of 9/10 or higher